so happy you and me - ringo starr

POV: 1st person
Prompt: Look at the picture above and go searching for more examples of how mean paul is to poor ringo
Requested by Ringos_left_hand

———

Ive been friends with Ringo since I was a child. We grew slightly distant, until I heard that he was drumming in a band called The Beatles. I rung him up to congratulate him, and he invited me to watch them record. I've been doing that a lot lately now, but that doesn't make me a groupie, at least I hope not. I am good friends with all of them, but Ringo mostly. We still have the same relationship we had as children, it just needed at little spark to get the fire going again.

"Oi, Paul! Look at this new song I wrote!" Ringo said, walking into the recording studio. "I was thinking, maybe I could finally sing this one?"

I grinned at him, really hoping the boys would like it. Mostly Paul, though, since he was so tough on Ringo.

"Great song, Ringo," he nodded, but then squinted and said, "Erm, maybe next album." Ringo immediately dipped his head and nodded.

Paul was always so mean and harsh to Ringo. Ringo, you can't sing. Best drummer of all time? He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles! Next album, Ringo. The other boys were harsh on him a bit, but not like Paul was. It made me furious, that he wouldn't let Ringo have his own song. They were quite good, in my opinion, but Paul was just a cock to him sometimes, more so all the time.

"Now," Paul mumbled. "Back to it. So John, what've you got—"

"That's it!" I shouted.

"Woah, y/n. No need to get feisty," John laughed.

"No! I'm sick and tired of you guys being so rude to Ringo!" Paul just chuckled and pt a cigarette in his mouth.

"Oh, shut up, Paul! It's you! You're the one always being such a cock to him, you never let him have his own song! Maybe if you actually let it happen, you'd see that it turned out good, but you don't now how to be nice to him. I'm surprised you haven't kicked him out yet, that's how mean you are to him." Ringo lifted his head up and looked at me, a glimpse of hope in his big blue eyes.

"Now, I'm most definitely not saying that you should do that, because Ringo is an amazing drummer, and I do really fancy his songs. If you give him a chance, maybe you'd see that it isn't so bad after all. So stop being so narcissistic!" Paul was now the one to look down, and I could see that he truly felt guilty. He put out his cigarette and sat down.

"I'm sorry, y/n, I just—"

"Don't say sorry to me, Paul."

He took a deep breath before finally saying, "I'm sorry, Ringo." And that was it, no buts, no I just's, only, I'm sorry.

"Th-thank you, Paul. Apology accepted," he said, walking over to Paul and patting him on the back. "It's really okay."

I sat back down on the sofa across the room, and ringo followed me as the other boys chattered. "Thanks a lot, y/n. That meant a lot to me," he smiled.

"It's no problem, Ringo. I was just so tired of Paul being all narcissistic and rude to you, so I finally said something about it."

"It's really okay, y/n. I'm used to him making fun of me, he's really only joking." He chuckled. "I think..."

"I'm sorry if that made things between you two awkward now, I really shouldn't of said anything." I mentally yelled at myself. "Damn, I'm so bloody stupid."

"Hey, no you're not, I'm glad you did that for me. Paul will get over it. Like you said, he's narcissistic. He'll forget all about it. But thanks to you, I think I'll finally get my song on the album." He smirked.

"What's this one called?" I asked.

"Erm, it's called Octopus's Garden. Kind of stupid, now that I think of it...."

I kissed him on the cheek, and said, "Its probably great, Ringo. Can't wait to hear it."

He smiled, and quickly kissed me on my lips. "Thanks, y/n." He smiled, after pulling away.

I grinned back, "No problem, it's cause I love you."

His eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yeah," I responded. "Figured it was about time I said it." He laughed.

"Well, then I love you too."

———

So I just like got this pang of inspiration so here you go

I love Octopus's Garden and The Beatles' Abbey Road phase so um yeah

Well I'm going to shut up now