Prologue

Fade in:
Int. Rick's Garage-Day
*Morty is on his way to his room, passes by the garage door which is open. He peeks into the garage and sees Rick working on something*

     "Hey Rick, what are you working on?" Morty asks, walking over towards Rick.
     "Oh, hey Morty (burp) nothing really. Just making some adjustments to my portal gun. What's up with you?"
     Morty shrugs, "Eh, I was just gonna go relax for a while. Alright, well I-I-I'll see you later, then." Morty starts to leave but suddenly jumps when a sound blares somewhere in the garage.
     Rick stops working on his portal gun immediately then looks for the source of the loud noise. Morty, coveting his ears says, "Rick what the hell is that noise?" Morty shouts.
     *Rick digs around in the garage, turning over boxes, tools and supplies pouring onto the ground, making loud clanging noises. He opens several drawers, tossing everything out. Finally he removes a tall vase-like item from a shelf and behind it, is the source of the insanely loud noise. It's a sphere-shaped object that's pulsating with light, making a high pitched, ear-deafening noise.*
     "Wait what the...why-why would this thing be sounding off? It doesn't make any sense," Rick mutters as he shuts down the device. The noise suddenly ceases.
    "What are you talking about Rick? What is that thing?" Morty asks, uncovering his ears as he walks over towards Rick.
     "This is a device that Squanchy gave me that can only be found on his home planet. It's a special distress beacon that can only be activated in times of great need. Like, the universe has to be in danger in order for this baby to be activated Morty."
     Morty gives Rick a confused look, "So what you're saying is that the universe is in danger, and this time it's not the Vindicators asking for our help?"
     "That's (burp) right, Morty. I know Squanchy knows how important and sensitive this object is, and I know for a fact he wouldn't use it unless he absolutely had to. That must mean...he's in danger," says Rick, grabbing his portal gun.
     "But Rick, can't Squanchy just call you like...like on a cell phone or something if he needs your help? Why would he use this thing to contact you?"
      Rick looks off into the distance, a grim look on his face. "Because Morty. This could mean one of two things: one, Squanchy is in danger....or two...the whole universe is."

[Intro Music]