Chapter 1-Planet Squanch

"Come on Morty, we gotta go check on Squanchy and see what's up on planet Squanch," says Rick as he hastily climbs into his spaceship.
    "W-w-w-what do you think could be wrong on planet Squanch, Rick?" Morty asks as he gets into the spaceship too. The spaceship creaks to life, Rick hitting several buttons and flicking several switches to make it start. It shakily leaves the ground, hovers, then flies out of the garage.
      "I have no idea, Morty. It could be a number of things; a space aids outbreak, Squanchy forgot to invite me to a party, or maybe something really serious. But I'm betting on the first two options," Rick replies as he pilots the ship, "sometimes what Squanchy perceives as "life threatening" really isn't that bad at all. It's probably just a false alarm."
     "Yeah I guess you're right, Rick, I just hope everything's ok," says Morty, a look of worry on his face.
     The two fly in silence for several hours as they head to planet Squanch. Morty stares out of the window, wondering about the possibilities of what could be happening on planet Squanch. He'd only been there once, for Bird Person's wedding(which did not go well) but it had seemed like a peaceful planet when he'd visited. It was hard to believe something bad could've happened there.
     Finally, after flying for hours and hours, Rick lands his spaceship shakily on planet Squanch. Rick gets out and takes a swig of some kind of alcohol from his flask that he keeps in his jacket pocket. Morty gets out next, glad to be on solid ground.
     Rick begins to walk cautiously towards Squanchy's place. It's only a few feet away from where Rick parked luckily. Morty follows closely behind, nervously glancing around the planet for any signs of danger.
      At first glance, everything seems completely normal. But suddenly, Morty steps in something squishy as he walks. He slowly looks down then gasps loudly as he realizes what he's stepping in.
     The substance Morty just stepped in is dark red liquid, which can only be one thing: blood.
        Morty yelps, terrified, as he looks around and realizes there's blood everywhere. Along with that, there are many dead bodies with blood gushing out of them. Morty jumps back, almost toppling over Rick.
     "Whoa Rick, what the hell? Who could've done this, what happened here? Holy shit!" Morty exclaims, his panic soaring through the roof.
     Rick rubs his chin in thought then bends down to get a better look at one of the nearby victims who are absolutely covered in blood. "Well Morty, it seems like planet Squanch was attacked by a very powerful being. My guess is as good as yours, and I have nothing right now. But all I know is we gotta find Squanchy. Come on, he-(burp) he's gotta be here somewhere."
     Hesitantly, Morty pauses then decides to follow Rick through the maze of dead bodies. Morty glances around and nearly throws up when he sees one body of a male creature with its eyes gouged out, leaving only bloody eye sockets and a dismembered head. Morty had no idea where the rest of his body was. He feels vomit rising in his throat, but forces it back down.
     After walking for a while, Morty strains his ears as he listens for some kind of noise in the distance. He stops mid stride and Rick notices, turning back around. "Morty what are you-?"
      "Shhh," says Morty, cutting him off. Rick raises an eyebrow but then listens too. He realizes that there's indeed a noise in the nearby distance that seems to get gradually louder and louder. Morty listens intently, trying to figure out what it is.
     "It-it sounds like a moaning noise, Rick. Like someone's moaning in pain."
     "Huh, maybe you're right Morty. Come on, let's check it out, but keep your guard up," Rick cautions, taking out his portal gun to have it ready in case things get bad. Morty nods, then the two begin heading in the direction of the moaning noise.
     They reach Squanchy's house after treading lightly around the bodies. Morty realizes that the sound is coming from inside. A feeling of dread rises in him. The last time Morty walked in on Squanchy making strange noises, well, it wasn't a pleasant experience at all. He didn't want a repeat of what happened last time, but Rick kicks the door down and before he knows it, Morty and Rick are inside the house.
     Rick glances around slowly, then gasps when he sees how messed up Squanchy's house is. There's plants knocked over onto the floor, covering the carpet in dirt. Pictures lay all over the floor, cracked. Morty gasps next when he sees a trail of blood leading from the living room into the kitchen. Suddenly, Rick takes off down the hallway, sprinting towards his friend. Morty races after him, panting as he runs.
     "Rick wait!" Morty calls out, but Rick ignores him.
     When they arrive at the kitchen, Rick's eyes widen in shock and fear when he spots his best friend, Squanchy lying on the ground in a pool of blood. The small, cat-like creature is moaning in agony as he writhes on the floor. Rick immediately kneels down to try and help him.
     "Squanchy!" Rick and Morty scream simultaneously.
     "Squanchy no! Oh my God, what happened?" Rick cries out. He tries to apply pressure on Squanchy's wound that's on his right side, but it's bleeding too much.
     Squanchy can barely keep his eyes open. He's taking shaky, very shallow breathes as he clings to life. He glances over at Rick, "Rick, it-it was Bird Person. He's back, Bird Person is back Rick! Only, he's not himself. He was with Tammy, and they attacked planet Squanch together. Tammy called Bird Person Phoenix Person, Rick."
    Rick was obviously confused, his eyebrows knit together in confusion, "Huh? Squanchy that doesn't make any sense. Why would Bird Person come back to attack your planet? Is Tammy behind this?"
     Squanchy nods, then winces from the pain, "Yes. Rick, you-you have to stop her. She's planning something big. She's coming for you next, Rick. Kill her, before she kills you. Promise me. Promise me you'll kill her Rick," begs Squanchy, staring into Rick's eyes.
     Rick nods immediately, and Morty swears he sees Rick wipe a tear from his eyes, "I swear on my life I'll get rid of Tammy once and for all. Don't worry Squanchy, everything will be okay."
    Squanchy manages a small smile, but then looks at Rick fiercely, "It's not Tammany you need to be worried about, Rick. It's-it's Bird Person."