Shot

*Words in italics are flashbacks.

When Ruhan woke up in the morning as usual he had no idea that the day will remain in his memory for forever.

He hanged the camera in his neck and left the hotel room in search of a perfect shot.

The gateways of Greece has hardly changed from last time he visited it. The white houses across the Santorini island was breathtakingly beautiful and soothing.

He took a deep breath and suddenly that memory of meeting her for the first time flashed making him feel shallow within.

It wasn't the pain anymore. It was some sort of helplessness situation which made him feel worse than death.

Closing his eyes and composing himself he just moved aimlessly searching that shot.

****.*****

"I never have ever felt this special in my life. You made me feel that. I have never felt this happy in my life. You make me happy"

Pari was standing in front of him with the hopes pouring down as tears. He looked at her with that helpless feel.

"I love you Ruhan. You are the first boy who ever made me feel the need of being loved. I.... " she swallowed the sore lump.

"I don't know what you feel for me. But for me you are very special person" she smiled at him.

"Don't do this to me" he requested her. "I can't return you the feelings ever" he nodded his head.

"I know" she smiled and that was such a painful smile. She was his friend and he never wished to see her in this state.

"But I still love and I can't...." her cry gave up. "I can't make it stop" she looked into his eyes.

Ruhan dragged her into a warm hug and patted her head to console her. "I can't see you like this. I'm ready to give us a chance. I want this to work so badly" he honestly admitted and Pari nodded her head still in his embrace hugging him more tightly.

****.****

The cold breeze touched his face and he flapped his eye lashes coming out of the memory.

Isn't it lovely, all alone?
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone

Some pains never leave us. They become part of us.

***.***

"I'm so happy for you" Mishti hugged Pari when she announced that she and Ruhan have decided to get married to the whole family.

Ruhan looked at her blankly. Wasn't she aware of his feelings?  Then why is she behaving like it doesn't matter to her.

Then he realized that it really doesn't matter to her because she never had feelings for him. It was always him who nurtured those feelings.

"Congrats" she stood in front of him with a huge smile on her face and glittery eyes. She was so happy that her commitment phobic sister was finally settling down.

Mishti was always the woman who wanted the best for her family.  Though initially she disliked Ruhan the time made her realize her that he is not that bad and there were lot many misunderstandings between them which took time but cleared completely.

He smiled weakly at her hiding his pain and shook her hand. Again the same feelings arouse in his heart and he wished the time to stop as he kept gazing at her.