Chapter 16 (nen training)

About two months passed since my phone call with Phinks. I stayed in touch with Franklin, Shal and Paku. Hisoka was difficult to get ahold of but he answered every now and then. I have called Phinks twice these passed couple of months but he kept asking where I am.

As for me, I just finished my nen training and have mastered the use of my aura. I'm a specialist but I don't really like my gift all that much.

I walked to the nearby dress store so I could get an outfit for my date with Oliver tonight. I had put off buying it up until now because I was busy training myself. I heard from Machi that I should wear something nice. I would prefer to go home tonight, but it never hurts to see how things will turn out, right?

(A/N: please don't start hating the OC because of her lack of empathy here. It's written this way on purpose.)

After looking through the selection they had and tried on several styles and colors, I picked out a long black fitted dress with a slit down both legs.

I observed myself in the mirror, taking into account that my spider tattoo was slightly visible and my tally marks were showing too. "Excuse me ma'am." I grabbed one of the store clerks attention. "Is it possible for you to sew this side?" I pointed to my right hip.

"Yes I can. I'll have it finished by tomorrow." She sent me a wrinkled smile.

"Oh. Never mind then. I have a date tonight so I can't wait that long." She nodded her head understandingly. "I'll take the dress. It's beautiful." She smiled again and helped me check out after a took off the dress.

~~~~~~

'He'll be here at 8 to get me. I should get ready now.' I have just under an hour to get dressed and ready. I put on a light face of makeup and curled my hair some. Surprisingly, a hot iron doesn't hurt me at all! I left my hair down so that it would cover my spider tattoo and I slipped my dress over my curves. It took a little bit of effort but I finally got everything fixed in the right places. Finally, I threw on a couple of diamond earrings and a matching necklace that Nobunaga got me for my birthday.

*ring!* I picked up my phone and answered it.

"Hey Angel! It's Oliver."

"Oh hey! Are you already here?" I looked out my large window and tried to spot him.

"Um... actually..."

'That doesn't sound good.'

"Yeah... what's the matter Ollie?"

He let out a big sigh. "I can't see you. I'm sorry."

The strangest thing is that I didn't feel sad or angry. I was confused. "Okay... That's fine but you should have told me before I got ready." I hung up the phone afterwards, without letting him come up with an excuse. I called Phinks and he answered almost immediately. "Hey are you in Angeles Los?"

"Yeah. ....How'd you know?"

"Because Oliver would never say that to me. Is Shalnark with you?"

There was a short pause. "Yes he is." He sighed in defeat.

"Tell him that he should take his hand and shove it up his own ass." I hang up angrily and get my backpack packed, leaving behind anything that wouldn't fit.

I assume they are at Oliver's house right now and that my date is probably dead. The fact that he's dead is what upset me most. I cared about Oliver as my friend. It pissed me off that he wasn't around anymore to talk with. The only bit of normalcy I've had recently. 'Ollie's house is about a mile away from here. If I leave now, I can narrowly escape them catching up to me.' I don't want to see any of them right now. They're too protective sometimes. 'I can't let them catch up to me.' I opened my window and looked at the street. I could see Feitan, Phinks, and Shalnark walk into the hotel building.