23. mudbloods and murmurs

     HARPER HAD LAUGHED ABOUT COLIN Creevey's obsession with Harry wasn't it that Colin had taken in interest in her as well after Harry told him she was his sister

HARPER HAD LAUGHED ABOUT COLIN Creevey's obsession with Harry wasn't it that Colin had taken in interest in her as well after Harry told him she was his sister. Thanks a lot, Harry.

Friday evening finally came and Harper was laying on her bed, relieved that she did not have to avoid Colin any more.

She, Harry, Ron and Hermione had also agreed to go and visit Hagrid on Saturday and Harper was glad she had decided to take the evening off from any homework so she could go to bed early.

However, an irritating noise came from the window, making it impossible for her to fall asleep. She sat up and swung her legs over the edge of the bed, glancing up at the window. Her eyes widened when she a dark owl trying to get in and she jumped up, opening the window.

The owl landed on her nightstand and held out his paw, showing her the envelope he had been carrying. As Harper untangled the envelope, she eyes his feathers. He must have travelled far.

"Here you go, buddy," she said, offering the owl some water before opening the envelope. Her eyes darted down to the bottom and when she saw who had sent it, her eyes immediately flashed to the other people in the room. Hermione's eyes were glued to the book she was reading while Lavender and Parvati were busy gossiping. Harper climbed back into her bed and closed the curtains around her before opening the letter again.

Dear Harper,

I can't believe you wrote me. How are you? How is Harry? How's Hogwarts? Thank you for the picture, it was good to see James and Remus again.

First of all, I want to apologize for my bad handwriting. I haven't written anything in about twelve years so I hope it's readable.

31 October 1981 was the worst day of my life. I lost my two best friends that night.

James and Lily had to go into hiding and needed a secret keeper. James asked me to do it but I convinced him to change it to Peter last minute. I thought that Voldemort wouldn't expect that since I was James' best friend. I just wanted to keep them safe.