Chapter Eighteen

Diego and I are giddy when we step off the elevator and onto the tenth floor of the Tides Hotel

Diego and I are giddy when we step off the elevator and onto the tenth floor of the Tides Hotel. An hours-long lunch meeting with the company's CEO and his vice president in the hotel's luxurious restaurant overlooking the ocean went better than either of us dreamed. We presented the reports, talked up the company and listened as Sergei, the CEO, praised Diego for his incredible streaming game idea.

I've never been prouder of anyone than Diego.

"It was all you," I said, squeezing his hand. "Sergei loves you. This is a sure thing."

"No, it was you," Diego said, stopping in the middle of the hallway to grab me around the waist and twirl me around. Down a corridor, a maid stops next to her cart and stares. Like we care. She breaks out into a grin. I've been noticing that people often look at us, as if we're shooting off invisible sparks.

Maybe because we are.

"You saved my ass because of those reports and statistics you drew up last night. I'm a gamer. I had no idea they'd want to see our social media metrics." He kisses my nose.

"Whatever. You would have sealed this deal without me. Sergei said it himself – you've created a revolution with the streaming game concept, by merging it with reality TV."

Diego's smile fades, and he looks at me, seriously.

"It's all for you," he says, quietly. "I wanted to be successful for you."

He dips his head and brushes his lips against mine. Sparks shoot around my body. God, I love kissing him. I wrap my arms around his neck and make a cooing noise. More. I need more. I need him. Between his words and that tantalizing kiss, I'll do whatever he wants right in the lobby of this five-star hotel.

Diego breaks from the kiss. "Beautiful," he growls.

Grabbing me by one wrist, he pulls me to the door of the suite. We didn't have time earlier in the day to actually check out the room before our meeting, only to register with the hotel and drop off our bags. The valet promised our stuff would be there later. But right now I don't care if our luggage ended up in the ocean. I kiss Diego's neck and earlobe, and because I'm wearing four-inch heels, it's not a stretch to lean into him and tease his soft, sensitive skin. He fumbles the key and groans again while squeezing my ass with his free hand.

"Stop," he laughs. "You're making it hard to multitask."

He finally gets the door open, and I gasp out loud when my eyes scan the room.

It's the most gorgeous place I've ever seen. It's all done up in white furniture and gold accents, and the huge windows overlook the electric aqua water of South Beach. There's a long, white leather sofa on one end of the room, a desk topped with white marble with gold veins and a kitchenette. I fling open the minibar to find it stocked with top-shelf liquor and snacks.

"Oh my god, there's Belgian chocolate, lots of liquor and..." I pull out a full sized bottle of champagne. "Moet."

Diego walks up, slaps me lightly on the ass and takes the bottle from my hands. I float away to explore more, giddy.