Chapter 8

Birthdays: Twenty-six

Mood: Compassionate

*****

It was just fighting at the beginning. Fighting and cursing.

" But why ! What is the reason ! "

" I don't want to be married. I just don't want to be married, Chanyeol. Don't want to be in a relationship. Don't want nothing. Please let me go. You have to let me go. "

You sat in one corner of the room, sobbing as he destroyed another piece of furniture. He seemed to follow a systematical plan. First your glass table, then the chairs, then the paintings on the wall. And you thought to yourself how different even this was from your chaotic personality.

" Tell me that you don't love me ! "

" I can't ! You know that I can't ! "

" Then why are you doing this to me ! After three years ! Three years Y/N ! "

He stopped and now there were tears in his eyes too. It broke your heart.

" Why are you doing this to me.... " He knelt down to you and gently took your face in his hands as he calmed down. " Why..."

" Chanyeol.... please... "

What was following were so many tries to explain. That you couldn't do this anymore. That everything felt like a jail for you. That he was so perfect, so different from you. That you loved him. Not the way he wanted you to love him, but you did love him. And then there was nothing but silence. Silence and hugs. And you both couldn't hold your tears back. You knew that you needed him in your life. He had become one of the most important people in your life. And at least that would never change.

You went to a place that you had seen way too little lately. You didn't call or text, you just stood in front of their door with two small suitcases.

" Y/N... what happened. ", your mother asked when she saw your face.

And then you told them everything. Your catholic parents, who believed in the almighty power of marriage. That you had left Chanyeol, that you felt empty from the inside and that you didn't know how to move on. It all came out of you like a waterfall, and they did nothing but listen to you, which was just the right thing to do. It felt weird. Your parents had finally accepted that you wanted to be an artist a few years ago. You had always thought that it was mainly because you could prove that you did it. That you got a career and a husband and all those trophies. But only in these two days you spent there, you three became as close as in earlier times and you realized that it had never been one of those things you could brag about. It had never been any other thing than the love they felt for you. You didn't do that much the next days besides snuggling into a blanket on the couch, eating ice cream, watching the rain falling and ignoring every call. The weather seemed to fit your mood with its never ending rain, and that gave you a little comfort. You had somehow missed the countryside and the places of your childhood.

You were only ripped out of your dreamy mood once when your phone rang in the middle of the night. Who would even be that rude to call you at this time ? You rejected the call without even looking at your phone, but it rang and rang even after the third time you repeated this. When you finally looked at the display you saw that it was Kyungsoo.

" Hello ? "

" Did I wake you up ? "

" Oh you bet you did. "

" Where are you right now ? "

" I'm at home... why ? "

" At home... Don't you want to tell me which one ?"