Epilogue

Autumn walked into the office of President Snow, barely holding it together. It was the end of the victory tour and he last stop was the Capital, which is where they were.

She had been told by a servant that President Snow wanted to speak to her. Privately.

Autumn could not imagine what that could mean, but she tried to shiver her fear down. Although it kept crawling back up.

The old man with white hair sat at his neat desk, his hands clasped together on top of the polished wood. Autumn wondered if he had ever had a hair color other than white or if he simply always looked like an old man.

The man gave Autumn a smile which sent shivers down her spine. His dark eyes twinkled. Autumn's eyes darted down to the white rose pinned to his jacket. His signature symbol.

"Ms. Reeves," he smiled. "Please sit."

Autumn sat in the expensive leather desk chair in front of President Snow, sitting tall and proper. She waited for him to speak.

"How has the life of a victor come to you?" The old man asked her. His eyes searched her face, trying to read her emotions. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of reading her.

"Quite nicely," Autumn spoke simply. He nodded, a toothless smile on his face.

"You are probably wondering why you have been called here," he leaned forward in his seat. Autumn nodded. "Well I shall not waste our time. We are both very busy.I have a proposal."

"Which is?" Autumn asked.

"You will take on a job that I command of you," he spoke and leaned back in his seat.

"And what is this job?" Autumn asked.

"You are a very desirable woman, Autumn," Snow spoke. Autumn suddenly knew where this was going. "Many Capital citizens like you. Love you, in fact. And I shall be able to offer you, and your body, as a gift to them as I choose."

"You wish to sell my body?" Autumn asked. Snow nodded. Autumn took in a sharp breath. She knew this happened, but she didn't think it would happen to her. "And if I am to refuse?"

President Snow clicked on a projector, letting a small hologram flicker alive on his desk. It was a video of Finnick and Autumn from a security camera. In it, they were kissing. Making out, is more like it. She was unsure how he got this as this cottage was form District One in a alleyway.

"If you refuse, Mr. Odair will be killed," he spoke. It amazed Autumn how President Snow had not even tried to lay this on Autumn gently.

"Okay," Autumn spoke. "I will do as you say."

"Wonderful," Snow smiled. "You may leave. You will know when I need you."

Autumn stood up from her chair, wanting to lead the room as quickly as possible. Autumn left the room feeling like she had just sold her soul to the devil.