Chapter 21

~Harry's POV~

      Glass is breaking, my hands are over my ears. My mother is screaming and my chest is heaving. Where do I run....do I run...will he hurt me. I move out of the corner I sat in. The bad man is yelling at my mommy. Shes crying, her black makeup smeared down her cheeks.

     I stand there still the bad man notices me letting go of my mother causing her to fall, her small body hutched over.

    "Don't touch him Rex, please!"  He doesn't listen he never does.

   The bad man grabs my shirt yanking it up, the cigarette from his mouth is now between his fingers.

   "Oh why don't we add to the collection shall we."  I cry out in pain thrashing in his grip when the buring cherry of the cigarette meets my skin.

    "Stop!" I scream, "please stop!" I beg.

  "Harry! Baby wake up!" I'm begin shaken and the man in front of me disappears. My eyes shoot open and meet hers. I'm sweating, my white dress shirt is sticking to me, but I sit up and hug her, breathing hard into her neck. She kisses mine and I instantly relax. Rubbing my back she sooths me. I don't know what exactly triggered this repeated nightmare but I'm glad she was here to save me from it.

    I pull her into my lap and she hugs me tighter rubbing her small hands in circles on my back. I'm glad she here in..wait. I look around the room and remember we're at her place. The room is much smaller than mine and behind all the photography on the wall you can see that her room was once a light shade of pink.

   I take a second and replay the incident with her mother through my head and maybe thats what caused this horrible man to reappear in my dreams. Just seeing her mother laying on the floor cold, just brought back horribly disgusting memories of my past and brought them to life in a nightmare. I hate it. I wish they would go away, but I'm not sure they ever will.

    I glace over at her beside clock we had only been asleep for two hours its only midnight and now I'm wide awake.

     "I want to ask what that was about but I'm scared to know.." she whispers into my neck. I lay back keeping her small frame on top of me running my fingers up and down her back.

     "It was scary...they always are." I tell her. "The worst is when I wake up in a cold sweat, almost crying because I feel the pain and burn of the-" I stop myself shaking my head. I don't want to talk about it. It will just anger me more.

    Her body shifts and she now looking down at me, with both her hands resting on each side of my head, her hair flowing on one side of her shoulder. Shes absolutely breathtaking from this angle. I reach up brushing her hair back cupping her rosey cheek pulling her down for a soft kiss. The contact of her lips sends sparks throw my body, but she pulls back climbing off me laying down cuddling to my side.

     "Lets try and go back to sleep, we've had a long night." I nod, my eyes closing and I drift of into a nice peaceful sleep.

***

    The sound of Devin's alarm wakes me up my eyes hurt and my head is pounding from the lack of sleep. Devin's small frame is wrapped around mine. She looks so peaceful and I'm afraid to wake her up. Hitting the button to her alarm she's still asleep on my chest, one of her hands over my scars. Ever so slowly I gently move her sitting up in the bed.

    My phone vibrates in my pocket, pulling it out my reminder has my eyes bluge from their sockets. I have a fucking meeting that totally crossed my mind.