𝐯. seann

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

chapter five
girl, spill!

└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘
.
┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

The sound of the arrow of the clock on the wall as it ticked ever-so-slightly closer to the number twelve, the middle of the night, filled the girl's ears as she walked to the refrigerator in her friend's kitchen.

As soon as she opened the refrigerator, eyes meeting the bright light hidden behind the door, she wanted to slap herself for not switching the lights on, squinting her eyes. I guess that's what I get for not caring.

Kaycee quickly pulled out the tubs of ice cream her friend had stored in the freezer, before pushing it closed, placing the tubs of ice cream onto the nearest table.

That's when she felt her phone shift in her pocket, pulling it out, pretty sure on who it is that's texting her in the middle of the night.

Kaycee didn't know that she had started to lean against her friend's kitchen island, smiling to herself, the light of her phone screen shining onto her skin, the only light in her friend's dimly-lit kitchen.

sean
you still awake?

sean
can't fall asleep,,
josh keeps on kicking me.

She was right, she sighed.

Already feeling snug in her loose, light pink sweater, black leggings, and fluffy, white bunny slippers, the girl's skin only grew warmer, cheeks a soft shade of red, tapping away at her phone screen.

Kaycee didn't know that she had tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear like a blushing school girl, smiling to herself like she was texting a boy she liked, which, well, wasn't all that far off.

kaycee
lol yes i'm awake

kaycee
do all three of y'all sleep
in the same bed??

kaycee
i'm confused.

Kaycee smiled at her screen, before slipping it back into her pocket.

The girl slid across the hard, cold tiled floor, sifting through her friend's cabinets, drawers, and cupboard before she could find where she had stored all of her silverware, taking out some spoons for her and her friends.

As she placed the spoons on top of the tubs of ice cream, she felt her phone shift in her pocket again, smiling to herself as she shook her head.

sean
what?? no

sean
it's guys night- we
all sleep on the floor
like real men.

sean
but with pillows
and blankets, of course.

Kaycee quietly laughed to herself. She probably would've just spent the rest of the night smiling to herself as she spoke to the boy if it weren't for the voice that called out from her friend's living room.