Chapter 7

Harry awoke the next morning with a headache. He reluctantly sat up and stretched out on the couch. After forcing himself to get up, he walked into his and Malfoy's room. Malfoy was already dressed in his robes and had his hair gelled back as usual.

"Finally awake, Potter? We have to leave for the Great Hall in five minutes so you better hurry."

"We?"

"Yes, we, you insufferable prat. We can't be apart, remember?"

"Trust me. I haven't forgotten."

Harry quickly changed into his robes and attempted to tame his hair, without much success. He and Draco walked down to the Great Hall together. They walked a few few apart and in complete silence.

When they walked in, they were met with the stares of all the rest of the students before they all started whispering incessantly. They first time they disappeared together was bad enough. Now, they'd both been in the Hospital Wing on the same day and had just walked into the Great Hall together. The rumors from last time sure hasn't settled down, and now they were sure to spread like wildfire again.

Draco started walking towards the Slytherin table. "Uh, Malfoy?" Harry asked him reluctantly.

"What?" Malfoy snapped him.

"We're- we cant be apart, remember? And there's no way in hell I'm eating at the Slytherin table."

"There's no chance I'm eating at the Gryffindor table either. We'll be fine apart for twenty minutes. Just meet me in the hallway after breakfast," Draco said before turning away and walking to his house table.

Harry rolled his eyes at the insufferable boy he now had to spend who knows how long with and made his way to the Gryffindor table.

"Harry!" Hermione said the minute he sat down. "Where were you?! Ron told me you went to the Hospital Wing yesterday morning and then you never came back. We came looking for you but we couldn't find you."

"What were you doing with Malfoy, just now?" Ron chipped in.

Harry paled. "Guys, I have to tell you something."

"What is it, Harry?" Hermione asked.

"It's Malfoy. He and I have been, well, we've been bonded."

Ron's face lost all color and Hermione's mouth dropped open. "Bloody hell!" Cursed Ron. "How the hell did that happen?"

"Wait, you guys know what that is?"

"Of course, mate. Bonding spells are some of the oldest dark magic there is. Growing up in a wizarding family you're constantly warned about the dangers of that spell. Or curse, rather."

"I only know about it from when I was doing a bit of light reading about dark magic. But Harry, why you and Malfoy? I mean, who did this to you?"

"We don't know, Hermione. Someone had to have cast that spell on the potions classroom the day Malfoy and I stayed behind. But Dumbledore doesn't even know who could have done this so there's no hope in reversing it, but even if he did-"

"It'll most likely end in death," Hermione finished.

Harry nodded. "So what does that mean then?" Ron asked. "Does that evil ferret have to stay in Gryffindor? Or worse, do you have to stay in Slytherin?!"

"No. Dumbledore made us a whole new room, all for ourselves. So I have to spend every waking and sleeping moment with that prat. You guys will have to visit, I'm going to murder someone if I'm stuck with Malfoy all the time."