Story Example

Remember Me

“Centuries” by Fall Out Boy

Some legends are told

Some turn to dust or to gold

But you will remember me

Remember me for centuries

There were many like me to begin with, and I remember them all clearly, but the world doesn't remember them. They don't remember the ones that fell in battle early on, or the ones that perished to a live that was better than this. They just remember the ones that survived, and we are small in number. And then there was just me.

And just one mistake

Is all it will take.

We'll go down in history

Its only me, because we made one mistake in our lives. We made ourselves known. We crawled out from that darkness and embraced the light, and it was our downfall. People swarmed us, wanting to know more about our strange powers, and we made front pages everywhere, until the pages stopped being made.

Remember me for centuries

Everyone alive now has heard of who I am, and what I can do, and I've lived for all these years almost possessed by the darkness that is calling me back. I try to use that darkness to fight for the light, but the light is lying and it will never speak truth. I always find more comfort in the darkness, because the demon inside me lives off of it.

Mummified my teenage dreams

No, it's nothing wrong with me

Ah yes, that demon. That demon in me has hindered me from such an early age that we have become close friends. Its a part of me that is perfectly fine, but yet others see it as such a problem. Maybe because it hinders my ability to see the light, but I don't want people to see me as a defender of their race amongst these horrible things that go bump in the night.

The kids are all wrong,

The stories are off

If you asked anyone now what they thought of me, they would say how I saved them and how I protect them against the vampires and the zombies and all the other things corrupting the last bit of human population left. But if you asked anyone back in my original time what they thought of me, they would say the truth.

They would say how I slaughtered hundreds of people all for the name of fun, because murder was my name, and it was what I wrote in the trails blazing behind me. My demon demanded the blood shed, and I was more than happy to give it to him.

The stories should never say after I die that I was a hero of this time, but that I was a psychopath trying to find an end to my life, because that's all I'm trying to do by throwing myself into these positions.

I just want to go out fighting, and this is the only way I know how. I want that thrill to be the last thing in my body when I'm gone.

Heavy metal broke my heart

I've come close to this so many times, but the only time I really felt like I was going to be given any kind of peace was chained up in that vampires lair. The metal in my wrists was acting as a kiss of death, and I felt released.

Come on, come on and let me in

But the gates of hell wouldn't let me in. I sat outside the gates and waited patiently for them to open, but they never did. I just wanted to be gone from this world, and I couldn't do that just yet.

The bruises on your thighs like my fingerprints

My poor companions though, Nova, Antonio, Alex, have all been through so much because of me. Broken bones, cuts, bruises, all of that has been inflicted on them because of me. It seems that inflicting injuries seems to be an expertise of mine, since none of them actually died because of me. I made sure they would survive, and one still has. He could speak the truth about me when I'm gone.

And this is supposed to match

The darkness that you felt

Throughout the story of my life though, I tried to inflict my aching darkness on others, to try and get them to go through the pain as well, but they never could handle it. No one could match my darkness at all, and I felt like I was the only one that could ever reach the capabilities I had.

I never meant for you to fix yourself

My children though, before they passed because of this harsh world, almost were as broken as me, but each found their way out of the darkness and into a permanent light. My oldest was brought to peace after leading a successful life, and my other two, well I never really did remember much about them, because Nova never finished telling me their story.

And I can't stop 'til the whole world knows my name

'Cause I was only born inside my dreams

Maybe one day though, I'll know what happened to everyone that I knew. Maybe one day, the world will know the real me, and not their glorified slayer that is known now. They will know the demon, and they will fear it. I was born in the darkness and I want to bring the rest into the darkness and see me.

Until you die for me, as long as there is a light, my shadow's over you

'Cause I am the opposite of amnesia

You would think, after all this trauma, that I'd learn to forget about all that I've done. That I would want to repent my ways and become the savior of the light. But I don't. I want everyone to know the shadow that follows me, and I want them to try and protect it, and even die for it just like several already have.

And you're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

Nova though, can be my only testament to how I really feel and how I really was. He used to be a warrior of the living, but I grew him into the horrible being I was, but he was still ready to bloom into the light, just like a lotus flower emerging from the mud. He could still make it out alive.

You look so pretty, but you're gone so soon

Even my little slayer below me, who is now the lover of a vampire, I knew would never survive in the darkness. He pretended to have so much hatred to the vampire, but I knew that the light that the vampire was going to show him would make him happy, and that he wouldn't survive the darkness anymore.

He didn't spend long in my world, until he was yanked out of it and shown a better life that I could never enjoy.

We've been here forever

And here's the frozen proof

The demons have been here since the beginning of time, and I am the last proof of a dying race. I am what some may consider a figurehead, only outside of battle. I am their envoy, their scorn, and I wear it with pride.

I could scream forever

We are the poisoned youth

I am the slayer that is not the savior of the light, but the envoy of darkness, the scorn of a dying race. I want the world to scream in pain when I step into it, and I want the stories to be right.

I want them to remember me as a thing of fear. I want them to remember me forever, and the ugly mark I left on the world. I want to be the story of a legend.

A legend that killed the light, and swallowed it in darkness.