CHAPTER 1 - NIGHTMARE

CHAPTER 1:
NIGHTMARE.

The music in the background couldn't dull her senses, despite the fact that it was the only reason she turned it on.

Her body kept moving, up, down, left right, curving into a space that wasn't there. Her arms moving, her feet hitting the floor with every step. Sweat coming down harder with each movement she made, her hair sticking to the back of her neck as her eyes stayed on the giant mirror infront of her.

She loved this. It was her true passion in life. She loved dancing more than anything, even magic, which was ironic coming from a Halliwell witch. She loved how she could take any anger or frustration she had and could turn into a dance filled with passion with her heart beating out of her chest.

But her body stopped when the music did, and all you could hear was her trying to regain her breath.

"I didn't know that magic practice involved dancing."

"Hey, grandma Phoebe," Primrose greeted her grandmother with an exhausted smile.

"I know, it's just. . .it's such a big responsibility," She said, gesturing to their Book of Shadows.

"You know how your grandma says I was so excited when I found out we had powers?" She sat Primrose down on the old couch.

"Yeah," She nodded.

"I was excited, but I was also terrified. I had dropped out of college and your aunt Prue didn't want me anywhere near the house, let alone living with her. I saw the book as our way to become a family again, and didn't know what I'd do if it didn't work," She explained to her.

"But, it did, didn't it?"

"Somewhat, but everything worked out in the end. This book has been through so much, and it belongs to you and your cousins now. We want you all to grow with it, like how we did," Phoebe has seen just how much Primrose had grown. Just at the age of seven, she could perform her own teleportation spells. She grew up in an amazing household with people who love her, and Phoebe is thankful that she won't ever have to deal with the pain she did growing up.

"Thanks, grandma," She enveloped her in a hug.

"No problem, Prim. Go to bed, you have a big day tomorrow," Kissing her forehead, she gave a gently smile before heading downstairs.

She's right.

Tomorrow, I-

A scream and a loud crash interrupted her thoughts. Running downstairs from the attic, Primrose saw a sight that made her heart immediately clench in pain.

Grandma Phoebe on the floor, completely limp, with broken glass around her and flowers from the vase she crashed into.

"Phoebe!" Piper cried out, running to her sisters side.

"Paige! Melinda! Call 911!" Piper was too busy trying to wake up her sister to see her distraught granddaughter.

She was just fine a second ago. . .

Why? Why? Why?! She thought, finally breaking her daze to help her grandmother as her mom called 911 and Aidan tried consoling his daughter.

"No, she was fine a second ago! This isn't fair!" Primrose cried out, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"It's going to be okay, I promise-"

"How?!" Primrose yelled at her dad, breaking from his grasp.

"She knew how weak her legs were, but she still came up to check on me! It's my fault!"

"Rose, no it's not-"

"I killed my grandma," She gasped, putting her hand over her mouth as she broke into a sprint out of the house.

"Primrose!" Aidan went to get her, but Paige grabbed his arm.

"Give her time. I know how she feels," Paige proclaimed, and he stared at the wide open door and reluctantly stayed as the ambulance and police started to arrive.

She ran and ran. She didn't know where she was going, but the farther she got, the tears came faster and harder until she just collapsed on the sidewalk.

"Grandma, no. . .it's not fair!" She cried out, pulling at her hair.

Phoebe was a major factor in her life. They were similar, and Phoebe helped her when others couldn't and understood her whenever she was going through something. She knows that people can't live forever, not even witches, but. . .

"Grandma, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," She sobbed into her knees, her nails digging into her arms. Primrose felt like someone had just grabbed her heart and started squeezing on it, and was holding a flame to it. Like torture.

She sat there for what seemed like forever until she glanced back up the sidewalk. She knew she had to go home and face the facts, but dreaded it oh so much.

She was so busy that she didn't even notice the rustling in the bushes behind her. An animal was staring at her, identifying the person that they came to connect with and leaped onto her.

"What the-?! Get off! Get off of me!" She screamed in horror as something covered in fur started to envelope her body, and she heard vague yelling in the distance.

"Rose! Rose!"

Dad!

"Dad! Daddy, help me!" She screamed, desperately clawing at the thing on her and made out the silhouette of her dad as he came into view and his eyes widened at the sight before him.

She had been chosen.

__________

"Hamish! We have an emergency!" Lilith yelled from the basement, and Hamish came running.

"What's wrong?!" He asked, looking around but not seeing her.

"I'm in the Hide room!"

"What. . .happened. . .?" He slowed down at the sight of a ravaged Hide box, locks completely broken off.

"Who escaped?" He asked.

"Nightwalker."