Chapter 32

Blake’s POV

I cannot believe I’m on a babysitting mission.  This is ridiculous.  What the hell do I say to 5 and 10 year old girls.  Man, this sucks.  I wonder when Mateo will be relaxed enough to let me off duty?  I need a drink.  Hmmm, maybe I should go see Barbie.  I really should learn her real name, but what’s the point, I mean it’s not like we’re together or anything, right?

I stop my mind from wandering as we near the clearing the old coot told us the girls would be in.

‘Stay back, circle around and stay out of sight.  I’m going to go in alone so we don’t scare them away.’ I tell the guys as I stop, shift and put on the shorts I brought with me.  Once I am dressed, I walk into the clearing, sniffing a little just to make sure there is no one else around.  I walk to the middle of the clearing and sit on a stump.

“Girls, your father sent me.  He said to say, damn what was that name again, it was your mom’s name and it was weird.  Ercilia!  That’s it-ARGH!” I jump suddenly as two girls just poof in front of me.

“What the hell?  How did you do that?” I ask once my heart has stopped racing and turn look at the oldest girl, Celia, I think.  She turns to glare at me while holding the youngest, Angela in her arms.

“My mother’s name is not weird and if you want to know how we do that, ask my father.  I am not at liberty to discuss it.” she says glaring daggers at me.  The little one, Angela, tries to turn around to look in my direction but her sister shifts her weight and holds her head in place.

“Where is my father?  Take us to him and my siblings.” she orders.

“Um, that’s kinda the point, kid.  Follow us, I have three men with me so don’t get scared.” I start to lead us out of the clearing, looking back to make sure the little snots are following us.

“I do not scare easily, senior, never fear.”

“Ok, then follow me.  Guys, fall in.” I order and take the lead to head back to the house.

As we enter the treeline, I stop to hold a low hanging branch out of the way for the girls and am greeted with a small smile from Angela over her sisters shoulder.  I stop in my tracks and am unable to move.

‘Mate.’ my wolf screams at me.

‘OH SHIT!’ I think to myself and stomp after the girls.

Cici’s POV

“The younger girls can share a room, if that will make them feel more comfortable.” I offer.

“That would be fine, Luna Cintia.” Raul agrees.

“Please, call me Cici or Luna Cici if you prefer.  Now then, the boys can take their pick of the three rooms at the end on the right and the first two on the right upstairs.  The last two doors on the left are available for either yourself or your oldest daughter.  There are clothes in each as well as en suite bathrooms.  Please, make yourselves at home, shower, sleep, eat to your hearts content.  I will check on you shortly once I am done meeting with your father and Mateo, my mate.  If you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask.” I smile warmly at the looks on their faces as they shyly walk to their rooms.

“I would like to talk with the Alphas for awhile, ninos.  Behave yourselves and watch the young ones, ok?” Raul says quietly to them before turning back to Mateo and I as we are standing in the doorway leading into his office.

“Would you like something to eat while we talk?” I ask with concern as the old man looks very skinny.

“That would be heavenly, Luna Cici.  Thank you.”