Chapter 2 - Earth Skills

Myles walks back into camp, fresh game in hand for lunch. After breakfast, some of the boys had come up with the idea of making a smokehouse, and as the redhead enters the camp, she can see them still talking it over. One of the teens is aggressively drawing lines in the dirt to demonstrate whatever point he's making. Wells walks into camp just as Myles reaches the back of the dropship, arms full of clothes and carrying two pairs of boots, and she sighs. This isn't going to end well.

Off beat drumming can be heard as delinquents bang on makeshift drums. Kids are running around like maniacs, jumping each other and causing a ruckus. Shouting and hollering wherever they go. They just about run into Wells as he comes past the main fire pit, as they rush off to continue playing some game. The dark skinned teen glares at them as they go, and continues marching forth, limp barely visible.

Wells goes to walk past the ramp, where one of the parachute scraps now covers the entrance to the dropship, and Atom zones in on the teen.

"Hey, uh," the blue-eyed teen says from his spot on the ramp. "Where'd you get the clothes?"

Atom stalks up to Wells as he comes to a stop, turning to answer the boy. Myles slows to a stop beside the dropship, and sighs again, tiredly, expecting the altercation that's about to happen.

"Buried the two kids who died during the landing," Wells supplies, and the redhead's chest twinges with regret.

The girl had been too caught up in everything to check on the boys who went flying on the trip down. Myles hadn't even found out they'd died until later that day when she was extracting pieces of the dropship and she stumbled across their bodies.

"Smart," Atom nods half heartedly, but Myles sees right through it. Leaning her shoulder against the cool metal of the dropship, she watches, knowing what's about to happen and wanting to stay out of it. "You know, I'll take it from here."

As soon as the words are out of his mouth, Atom is reaching forward, hands grabbing for the bundle of clothes in the others arms. Wells reacts quickly, turning his body away.

"There's always a market for –"

"We share based on need, just like back home," the privileged boy cuts the blue-eyed teen off sternly, just as the flap of parachute covering the dropship entrance lifts. A shirtless Bellamy Blake saunters out, gun on full display, tucked into the front of his jeans.

"You still don't get it, do you, Chancellor?" The Blake's deep voice rumbles out.

A girl quickly slips out after the man, only a bra and pants on. The brunette grabs his attention by pushing her body into his and he turns to her and giving her a long kiss on the lips. Satisfied, the teen skips down the ramp and leaves. The red-haired teen watches with raised eyebrows, amusement dancing in her eyes.

Wells doesn't think the PDA is that amusing, as he rolls his eyes, a bitter look on his face.

"This is home now," Bellamy finishes, his relaxed posture oozing arrogance, "your father's rules no longer apply."

The tall, toned man saunters down the ramp, and Myles doesn't try to stop her wandering eyes. Deep brown eyes meet hers as she lifts her perverted gaze back up, and the smug look that greets her only adds to her entertainment.

"Like what you see?" The egotistical man quips with a smirk.

"You're the prettiest boy in all the camp, your majesty," the redhead shoots back without missing a beat, pushing off the dropship and making her way past the feuding men.

Happy birthday, Aggie.

Bellamy barks out a short laugh, and walks up to Wells. Myles turns and just catches the man plucking a shirt out of the teens hands. The Blake brother quickly takes a step back and Wells advances. Turning away, the redhead throws the dead animals at the group by the fire and they stop arguing to cheer. A teen shoves her arm gently as the group praises her work.