New Kid Across the Street (KevEdd fanfic)

This is my first story/fanfic on here. Please don't hate >.<  I don't own any of the characters and I changed some of Edd's clothing design. I will most likely change the other's too. I don't really get into the mushy stuff yet, though. So, please read, this KevEdd fanfic~ Only if you want, though ^^

Edd's POV

        We pulled into the cul-de-sac, it did not seem to be anything out of the ordinary. Only a small handful of houses gathered in a circular dead-end street. I hoped that this move would finally give me a chance at making friends. Mother turned into the driveway of a small house. It seemed absolutely splendid. I couldn't wait to set up my ant farm and label everything once we put it into my room.
My mind wondered as I thought of the specific places I had to arrange for my cactus, my microscope, and many other things.

"DeeDee? Aren't you gonna get out and help? This is unusual...You usually jump to the opportunity of helping me."

My thoughts were broken by the voice of my mom as she stepped out of the car. I flushed, I didn't want to look like I felt nervous. My mom overreacts to nervousness.

"Oh, my apologies, mother. I was lost in thought and forgot that the car had come to a halt. Forgive me, please?"

She nodded, I let out a soft sigh and watched the movers pull in next to my mother. I grabbed the light box of fragile science equipment and carried it up to the front door.

"The door's unlocked, DeeDee! Just go in and pick out your room, but DO NOT choose the master bedroom. That room is for me and me alone!"

I chuckled slightly as I pushed the door open with little difficulty. I walked down the hall and found a room that quite suited my taste. Setting the box down gently, I pulled out my small notepad and sketched the inside of the room. I planned on where my furniture would be and everything that would be on/in the furniture.

"DeeDee, did you leave your ants in the car or did you put them in a box? I can't tell but it looks like they got loose!"

Dread drowned my mind and chest as I ran out to see my mom kneeling by a line of red ants. Thoughts rushed through my head as I tried to remember where it was that I put them. I opened the car door and searched the backseat, my heartbeat pounding in my ears. I prayed silently that my only friends, besides Jim the cactus, were safe and sound in their home.

Mother walked up behind me, breathing soflty. My eyes landed on the glass ant farm that was wrapped tightly in bubblewrap. I sighed deeply in relief, smiling as I reached forward to grab onto it.

"Oh good, DeeDee! I thought for sure you would've had a nervous breakdown."

She smiled wide at me before running to answer the holler from the mover. I grabbed the fold-up table that I used as a desk and dragged it inside along with the box of posters and my desk lamp. I surely hoped that none of the neighbors would think badly of my ants.

Kevin's POV

We were all crashing at Nazz's, even the weirdos. Something was playing on the T.V. but we were all too interested in eating our pizza and playing "Truth or Dare". I sat on one end of the couch, Sarah next to me, with Johnny, Plank, Jimmy, and Rolf on the other end. Eddy sat in front of me with Ed next to him, then Nazz. We had gotten stuck on Eddy because he kept wanting to dare people to give him money. My sight drifted to the window, there was a strange car followed by a mover's truck. Someone was moving into Robbie's old house.

I sighed, Robbie was one of the cool kids. I bet this guy/girl could never live up to fill the space he left behind. I checked back on the game finding that someone had finally given Eddy a dollar and the game was continueing. I was lost in the game of kissing and lap-sitting again, forgetting about the new neighbor.