Just A Few Things To Do

It was the day before the flight and, to my frustration, I didn’t even know where I would be flying to, as my “wonderful” friend had made sure that it would be a surprise. I was sincerely hoping that would be a nice one. I didn’t even know what clothes I was supposed to put in my suitcase, so I hoped my friend would at least give me a hint. I called her, hoping to learn something.

“Hey girl! You know… it’s the day before flight and HONESTLY, I need details. At least tell me what kind of weather I should expect. I have to know what to put in my damn suitcase!”

“First, calm down. Second, just summer outfits, because it is going to be hot”, she said, with an amused tone to her voice.

“Hot like a lovely spring day or the kind of heat where you want to rip your skin off?

“Second one. By the way, get ready! In thirty minutes, Kosav and I are coming to take you shopping! Advanced warning: we’ll need to get lots of stuff. See you soon!”

I didn’t even have the time to say goodbye because she hung up right away. “Great, now I have another fifteen minutes to finish my lunch and see where I left my bag,” I said to myself while I was eating some fish.  Soon enough, it was time to go downstairs and meet my friends. I went outside my building and waited for a couple of minutes. From far off I saw a black Audi A8, Kosav’s car, coming before it came to a stop right in front of me. I quickly got into the car and said, excitedly:

“Hey guys! What’s our first stop?”

“A natural drugstore and then to the doctor and then to help you with that suitcase” replied Kosav.

“A doctor?” Diane and I loudly exclaimed at the same time. We both wore very scared and confused expressions.

“Oh, girls, don’t act like babies. It is just for a quick check and to give us some medications in case of emergency,” said Kosav, very calmly.

“I don’t really enjoy going to doctors because they usually discover at the last minute that you have three different types of diseases all at the same time, with another one in development. How do they know that just by looking at you? They must be bloody magicians!” I said, very annoyed.

At that moment my friends started laughing uncontrollably. Well, it might have sounded funny, but it was also true. I had always found doctors to be a genuine irritation, a real pain in the ass. They always give you tons of medications, as if they are working on a project to see if they can transform you into some kind of new species. Anyway, I had to accept my fate. After all, who knew which country we’d be headed to?

We arrived at one of the most expensive naturist shops from London and one of the Diane’s favorites. Inside everything was exceptionally luxurious and modern. A thin herbal smell covered the entire room. As we entered, the ladies working there greeted us with a large smile, before one of them offered to help.

“So, is there anything special I can help you with today?” she asked, with an artificial smile.

“First, we need around 10 bottles of sunscreen with 130 SPF,” replied Diane.

“Wait. What? Why so many?” I said, understandably shocked.

“Oh, silly. We will be away for a while. Four bottles for you, four for me and two for Kosav.”

I honestly didn’t know what to expect from that trip at all. Just the sheer amount of sunscreen had started to worry me. Then she added:

“Also, we need three facial creams and also three body creams.  And that’s pretty much it! Oh, but it has to be the latest Golden edition.”