Finding Kyungsoo

A/N: This story should not be reused by anyone but me, Sage_Cicero in any way or form. All the rights of this story also belong to me and you must message me if you have any concerns. The image I used for my cover photo is not mine which is why I put a credit line on the image. You have been informed, so if you report my story because of that, I will expect that you did just for fun, or you may have something personal against me. As readers, if you come by a story which is certainly the same to my original, please do message me ASAP so that I could personally attend to that matter. Thank you and enjoy reading.

---

Kyungsoo, a petite cutiepie with short term memory loss got lost when he went to Busan with his best friend Jongin. Kyungsoo had been missing for 3 years, but Jongin keeps searching for him. All this time, Jongin kept on blaming himself for Kyungsoo's disappearance.

Wherever Jongin went, he brought a picture of the missing boy. Every time he asks people, "Ma'am, sir, have you seen this boy? He's short, tan, and has black hair.", and they will answer "No, I'm sorry." his heart breaks. Every night, he stares at pictures of Kyungsoo, wishing he'd come back, saying his sorry, and confessing his love. One day, he was scrolling through his twitter timeline and he sees a post of someone named Baekhyun; a picture with Kyungsoo. Right away, he messages Baekhyun and meets up with him. Fortunately, the said guy was nearby.

The two met up on a cafe, the silence was serene. "So.. you are?" Baekhyun asked. "I'm Kim Jongin. I saw this post of yours," Jongin shows him the picture and Baekhyun's face suddenly becomes sad, "this boy is-"

"Kyungsoo" Baekhyun interrupted him. Jongin smiled.

"Is he still with you? Where is he? Can I see him?" Jongin noticed Baekhyun's glassy eyes and thinks if he did something wrong. "I-I'm sorry," Baekhyun's voice cracked and a tear ran down his face.

"Wh-why?" Jongin stutters. No please no. "Kyungsoo he... " Baekhyun stops.

And it also feels like Jongin's heart had stopped. He could not hear his heartbeat but he could hear the bell above the door that rang every time someone entered the cafe, the murmurs of random people, and the crying of children.

"Kyungsoo died a year ago."

And that was when Jongin broke. He always imagined finding Kyungsoo and living happily ever after with him but as he thought, not all tales end happily. For hours, he cried his heart out in front of Baekhyun who was silently weeping.

"H-How?" Jongin asked through hiccups and a cracked voice.

"Kyungsoo got..." Baekhyun stopped for a moment as he sniffed and looked out the window as if reminiscing the past. "Kyungsoo got hit by a car. He died upon his arrival at the hospital."

This broke Jongin's heart even more. Kyungsoo was... gone. It feels like all of his organs are getting torn to shreds and he can feel every second of it.

"Kyungsoo always talked about a boy." Baekhyun added which caught Jongin's attention, or what might be left of it since he was still a weeping mess. "Kyungsoo always talked about how he missed a certain boy. How he feels sad whenever he thinks of him. How he feels lonely without him by his side. How he feels disappointed when he thinks of him. How he thinks that that boy was tormenting him. Kyungsoo always described the boy well but never recalled his name. Upon seeing you though, I think I might know who that boy is."