Chapter 24: "All's Fair and Karma is a Bitch"

"Surprised to see me?" Klaus smug smile evokes many feelings in Kol, but surprise? No, Kol is not surprised in the slightest. His brother has always managed to get what he wants, the way he wants. Of course, he would find a way to cheat death.

He looks at his older brother, then back to the couch, stepping in his line of sight. Maybe he would focus his rage on him instead of you. But that's might just wishful thinking on his part.

"I'm pretty sure you went up in flames.." Damon Mutter, not quite believing his eyes.

"Oh, I very much did. Quite unpleasant, really. But my dear Maeyra used her vast resources to secure my well-being." He says, moving his attention to Kol "Cat's got your tongue, brother?"

"Well, brother, I'm not particularly surprised to see you," Kol replies.

Using the word brother remains to be more of a dismissive term, and Klaus knows that. And he also knows that Kol's statement is a lie, he didn't overlook the obvious surprise on his brother's face. However mischievous Kol remains to be, he has always been a bad liar.

"Can we, uh get back to how you're even here right now?" Stefan says "We drove a stake through your heart."

"You?" Klaus scoffs, dismissing their involvement to nothing but a coincident "You, gentlemen, were nothing but a pawn - an accessory if you will- to Y/N's Shakespearean thirst for revenge."

Stefan quirks his eyebrows up before letting them fall back to their usual resting position. He could reply to Klaus statement verbally. He had things to say about him, he just isn't sure he wants to waste time bothering.

"I knew you couldn't be trusted." Damon says, averting his words to Mae "Y/N always did have poor taste in friends."

"Congratulations, you got me. Boohoo." Mae sighs, before giving Klaus a pleading look "Would you mind? "

Klaus smiles and vamp-speeds towards Damon standing nearest and snaps his neck, before quickly moving on to Stefan who couldn't even register what was going on before he too was engulfed in blackness.

"Now, that's better." Klaus dusts off his hands, "All talk those Salvatores. Well, except for one. "

"Look, "Kol says, having more pressing matters to attend than useless platitudes, "I'd love to chat about whatever this is, but I have an unconscious girlfriend covered in blood back there, so would you mind buggering off. Your betrayal is not on my to-do list today."

"Betrayal?" Klaus laughs, fake offended "Don't be so dramatic, brother. Maeyra and I merely joined forces because you couldn't keep your girl in line. She helped me lift my curse, I felt obligated to help her. After all, what's worth dying for if not love?"

Love...Kol could not even begin to associate that word with anything his brother does. It makes him sick to his stomach. Or perhaps it's the worry about your current condition- either way, he senses a veil of danger in the air. A danger that feels different, blood curling and cold.