Lust and hate

Pittsburgh, PA

7 MONTHS later

Stacy eyed Lonnie from across the kitchen. With her back to the wall and slowly pulling the blunt away from her lips, her eyes met his. From the other side, he was staring her down as well, all while slowly stirring up a protein drink. From head to toe his eyes roamed, then deep into her eyes. The act was mutual, and no words were spoken between them.

They both heard the sound of the front door opening and heavy, quick footsteps approaching. Their eyes left each other's simultaneously and focused on who was now entering the kitchen.

It was Eddie.

"Told you! Didn't I tell y-" he paused in the middle of his excited statement at the sight of Stacy. He gave her a quick dry look and then looked back at his brother Lonnie. "What I tell you nigga?" He slammed a gloss-paper flyer on the island counter top where Lonnie was standing.

Lonnie read the flyer and rolled his eyes with a chuckle. "You serious, huh? A Wet n Wild party?"

"Dead ass. And now its happening bitches." He glared at both Lonnie and Stacy. She gave a phony weak smile after blowing out a full cloud of smoke.

"So who making the food? And who gone clean all that shit up when it's over?...you?" Lonnie asked.

"Pshh, fuck no. Them new girls gone do it." He looked over Stacy. "Aye, matter of fact, go get them right quick so that everybody aware of what's going down in two weeks."

Stacy just stared straight ahead and was enjoying the weed that Don taught her how to roll.

"Yo," Eddie snapped his fingers. "You deaf or something? I'm talking to you."

Stacy's eyes fell on him slowly, due to her high. "Keep talking until you learn to show respect when you enter a room. Til then don't ask me to do shit for yo bitch ass."

With an infamous temper like Eddie's, Stacy knew what may be coming next. Did she care? Not at all. Eddie didn't put an ounce of fear in her heart...at least not anymore.

"What, bitch?" He swole up and began approaching her. Lonnie put his hand out to stop him. She however, never moved an inch.

"You been getting real fly at the mouth lately, don't get slapped!"

Stacy approached him boldly with a smirk on her face. Her head just an inch or two away from his. Her amused face looked dead at his pissed off one.

"Slap me then, pussy boy."

Lonnie's eyes opened wide in shock. He knew how much bolder Stacy had gotten over time, but she never rolled up on Eddie like this in front of him.

Eddie didn't move. He just kept that angry scowl on his face while keeping eye contact.

Stacy's grin turned into a playful frown. "Aww, wus de matter? You not scared to hit me are you?"

You could tell he was getting more heated as she spoke to him. His fists were balling, teeth were clenching, and veins were showing. He was an angry man.

"Nah," Stacy said softly. "You ain't scared to hit me. You just smart. You know that Don will cut yo ass into nuggets if he sees so much as a scratch on my body. Yeah, you ain't dumb nigga. He pay you too good."

"Chill Stace," Lonnie warned. He knew what she was saying was true, but he also could see how angry his brother was, and ain't no telling when he would reach that point.

She took what was left of her blunt and slid it in the pocket of his jacket. "You need this more than I do." She gave him another smirk, gave Lonnie a meaningful eye like she was before Eddie got here, and walked off to her upstairs bedroom, which also happened to be Don's bedroom.

"I don't trust that bitch, yo." Eddie warned Lonnie. "She get here and think she all powerful and shit?"

"Clearly she is," Lonnie took his protein drink to the head and dropped the glass in the sink.

"Man fuck you." Eddie walked off.

Lonnie just laughed. He knew his brother would calm down later. He knew him too well. Once Eddie left the house, Lonnie made his way up the stairs in the same direction Stacy went.