Chapter Twenty One

I would just like to thank everyone for the support, you have all been amazing, I tried to make this chapter a bit longer but it just didn't work, hopefully the next one lol. I wanted to thank Clandi,NaomiHenderson3,EmmaJaneGraves,Ramah,bookreadmacy and Killernini for all their great comments. Thanks for reading x

**********************************************************************************************************************

Calli stepped aside as Marcus moved further into the room. On closer inspection he looked exhausted, he bowed his head at the council members.

"I'm sorry for the intrusion,Zane had a visitor and Mr Carter asked me to bring him straight here for his protection. He would have liked to be here himself, but he needed to put a few things in order"

Selena rushed to his side.

"Follow me, you can fill us in after we take care of this poor child"

Selena led them out of the room and the guards dispersed. Leah stood comforting Calli, who seemed visibly shaken by Zane's presence.

Abby turned to Jarrod, Jacob and Aiden, none of which looked happy at the arrival of their guest.

"He probably did it himself" scoffed Jacob, the other boys nodded their heads in agreement. 

Abby saw red, what were they thinking, he couldn't possibly have inflicted those wounds himself, just because they didn't like him didn't mean he deserved to be torn up. Putting her hands on her hips she faced the boys, her eyes were throwing daggers at them.

"Shut up" she hissed "Cant you see Calli is upset"

They all turned to look at Calli, who was staring at them in horror.

"You guys have no respect" Abby continued " None of us have any idea what happened to Zane and I would appreciate it if you kept your mouths shut until we know the facts"

They all hung their heads in shame, Jarrod stepped forward and reached forward to grab her hand.

"Sorry Abby, your'e right, it's just you havn't known him as long as we have"

"I don't care" she said, shrugging his hand away.

"I'm going to see what's happening"

Abby stalked off despite Jarrod's crestfallen face. Having no idea where they would take Zane she headed up towards their rooms. Sure enough she heard a soft murmur coming from the room two doors down from hers.

Without hesitation she barged through the door, the sight that met her made her gasp, her hands flew to her mouth.

Zane lay in the bed, his face was covered in cuts and bruises, a long red gash ran from under his left eye down to the middle of his throat. His chest was bare, showing a deep gash that went from one end of his stomach to the other.

Abby had an urge to run to the bed and comfort this boy who had saved her life. Marcus was no where in sight, Selena stood at the foot of the bed while a man she had never seen before was examining Zane.

Selena nodded at the man and then moved quietly and gracefully towards Abby, ushering her out of the door.

"What happened?"

"We will find out" Selena said tersely

Abby followed her back to the dining room, where everyone now sat around the table. The council members all sat quiet, there faces impassive. Jarrod looked up at her, refusing to meet his gaze she sat by Calli and grabbed her hand, Leah was holding the other one.