16

•Sicheng•

"Come over, I miss you." Yuta pleaded through the phone.

"I'm at the company, Yuta and I'm really tired. I was going to sleep once I get home."

"You can sleep here. I'll make you something to eat before you go to bed. You're probably hungry." Yuta pushed once more. He was a stubborn person but Sicheng knew he was being stubborn because that Japanese boy loved him. Sicheng hadn't slept at Yuta's house often but he figured a few hours would be a good way to rebuild his trust. Sicheng sighed into the phone.

"Alright. I finish recording in about an hour and I'll leave right after. Ill see you in a bit. I love you."

"Love you, goodbye." Sicheng could hear Yuta's happiness through the phone. He put his phone away again and returned to his work.

• • •

The remaining work went quickly and Sicheng was on his way to Yuta's house shortly after. He drove down the streets, crowded with midday traffic. He didn't mind the busy roads, though. He was having a good day in the recording studio and he was looking forward to spending some time with his boyfriend. Sicheng let his thoughts wander to his Japanese boy while he waited for the traffic light to let him pass. He took a backroad that led to Yuta's neighbourhood and pulled into the driveway shortly after. He knocked on the door and waited to be let in, even though Yuta kept pestering him to enter whenever he liked. The door's handle clicked and swung open, revealing a grinning Yuta. He was wearing a lose gray t-shirt and a pair of jogging pants but he still looked refreshed and awake with his hair brushed back and his face cleaned.

"Took you long enough." Yuta smiled down at the blonde before planting his lips against Sicheng's and pulling him into the house.

The boy placed his shoes in the closet and gave Yuta his coat before taking in his surroundings. The smell of food wafted from the direction of the kitchen and Sicheng couldn't help but point his nose in the direction of the scent.

"I made some coffee a while ago and I friend some fish. Sorry, it's not much. I haven't gotten around to doing groceries yet." Yuta ruffled his hair, fixing invisible stray strands.

"It's fine. You didn't have to do anything." Sicheng smiled back at the embarrassed boy. He took Yuta's hand and pulled him into the kitchen. Sicheng took a mug from the cabinet and poured himself a cup of coffee while Yuta placed food on a plate for Sicheng. Yuta took the cup from the other boy and brought his belongings to the couch so Sicheng could rest. Yuta sat down against the corner and Sicheng sat beside him, leaning his weight against the other boy. The two sat in silence while Sicheng ate his food and watched a movie that was playing on the television. Sicheng put his plate on the glass table and leaned back against his boyfriend and closed his eyes. The day was finally settling on him and he could feel tiredness overtaking him. He could feel the comforting weight of Yuta's arm across his torso and fingers playing with small strands of his hair. Sicheng revelled in the moment. Sicheng felt safe in the boy's arms, a comforting weight and a welcome change from his past experiences. Sicheng breathed in the scent of Yuta's shampoo and let his mind venture into sleep.

• • •

Sicheng slowly opened his eyes and adjusted to the bright light shining through the windows. He breathed deeply and quickly rose from the sweet smell of Yuta's belongings.

"Good morning." Yuta still sat against the corner of the couch, resting his hand against the arm of the seat.

"Did I fall asleep?" Sicheng was surprised. He didn't think he'd be able to fall asleep that easily.

"I figured you needed it. I wasn't going to say anything, but you looked pretty tired when you got here." Yuta flashed his beautiful smile at Sicheng. His cheeks pushed up, squeezing his eyes and his bright teeth were on full display.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?"

"Your hair is sticking up. You have a mohawk." Sicheng rubbed his hands against his head in an attempt to flatten his hair.

"You looked pretty happy earlier. What's going on at the company?" Yuta began.

"I was recording again today. The manager said that my song should be finished soon. Oh, I almost forgot. I ran into the owners' son and he thinks he knows who that photographer is. The one that Lucas keeps talking about." Yuta's eyes widened.

"Did he say a name?"

"Jungwoo, I think." Sicheng shrugged.

"Sicheng this is perfect." Yuta grabbed the still asleep boy's hands.

"I haven't told you yet. I'm going to go to Lucas' next show and help him talk to the photographer. The son could help us get that photographer's attention, if he knows him." Sicheng nodded along with Yuta. He was excited to help Lucas and began planning ways that Mark could help them.