Hug all Your Friends

You two walked a little longer. You passed so many familiar things on the way to the cemetry. You stared at the swing sets that you and lilith used to swing on. Tears welled up in your eyes as you thought of the times you will never be able to re-visit. You will never be the same innocent and young person you were and that made you feel awful everytime that thought circled in your head. Robbie was well aware of these thoughts of yours. You have told him about them often. You told him and lilith everything. Suddenly out of the blue as you are stuck in your head you hear "(Y/n?) Are you ok?" You blinked back the tears and looked at him "umm yea of course." You said playfully pretending to shove him. He looked at you in the way you hated. He looked at you concerned, but in an understanding way. You hated it but didn"t know why.

       You two entered the cemetry and sat down on a deformed tree that went sideways long enough for you two to have room to sit. Then it went straight up. You stared at the sky for a while and then you remembered what you called him for. "So my mom, she thinks she knows what I want in my life and ughh it annoys me that she controls me like a service animal."  You said and Robbie looked at you. You mom and you never got along very well after your dad joined the army. He is still alive though, he is just never home. "Well maybe you should explain that is not what you want." You stared at him and laughed "If she knew I wanted to be a singer she would laugh and tell me something like I would never be any good at it and thats what everyone wants and that I am being cliche" you said and sighed when you realised you were talking like you were annoyed at Robbie. He looked at you again then at the sky. You sighed and another thought ran through your head. What if im the only thing real, what if Robbie is not real, what is everything is a lie and I am lying to myself?. You teared up again and asked yourself to stop being so emotional right now. You always hated when you cried in front of Robbie. You felt he hated it when he had to sit and comfort you until you stopped bawling your eyes out. You felt annoying sometimes. Sometimes you felt fake. You didn't tell Robbie what you thought of yourself because that makes you feel like an attention whore. You know it isnt that bad but you knew you would think of it.

             You fucked it up. You felt tears sreaming down your face and the embarrasment from Robbie noticing right away only made you cry more. You have cried so many times around Robbie but each time was always as bad. You hated it. You waited for him to ask what was wrong and tried to come up with something in your mind to say. Currently everything was wrong. Instead he pulled you in a hug. It was not a tight hug but tight enough the you felt safe. You hugged back and you stayed like that for what felt like hours. Eventually you two puled away from the hug and you stopped crying. "Wanna talk about it?" He asked you with a warm smile but sad eyes. They were a beautiful combination. You thought for a minute and shook your head no. He nodded and got his ukuleke and started playing The Scientist.