Chapter 39

Have you ever been in such a deep sleep that you are so at peace that you even if someone slammed a door you wouldn't wake up? Thats how beautifully asleep I was. I was so blissfully asleep in Sara's bed that I didn't even hear the door slam. All I felt was Sara shaking me awake. It must be her favorite way to wake me up.

"What?" I asked running my fingers through my hairs. As I opened my eyes I saw Sara's mom standing in the room, the door behind her shut all the way. I suddenly realized that I had no clothes on. I also realized that I had forgotten to put a certain something back in its box and under the bed. Sara was sitting up on the bed with the blankets covering her body.

"Avery I think its time you leave." That was all Mrs. Lots said as she turned around and closed the door behind her.

"She hates me." I said still lying on the bed wanting to die in a very very deep hole. If I hadn't given her a reason to hate me before I just did. Sara was silent. She just put her clothes on. Her face was somewhat red.

"Babe are you okay?" I asked scrambling to pull up my legging. Sara just looked at me and started laughing.

"Oh my god your mom is never going to let me come over again." I said trying not to scream.

"It'll be fine. I'll work it out somehow." Sara said laughing.

As I finally got all my clothes on I walked to the door and just stood there with my hand on the door knob. I'd of rather gone out the damn window. Sara just walked up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist. In my ear she whispered

"Stop being a pussy." I just laughed and playfully pushed her off of me. As I walked down the hall and to the living room Saras dad was sitting on a lazy boy recliner and Saras mom was washing the dished. Mr. Lots just smiled and waved like he always did. Mrs. Lots must not have told him what she walked in on. Thank god. I just awkwardly waved back and gave a small wave to Mrs. Lots. She just gave me a look and nodded her head ever so slightly. Sara walked me to the front door. I turned around to say just give her a hug but Sara put her lip on mine and started full on kissing me in front of her parents. I pushed her off as quickly as I could and practically ran out the door. If they didn't hate me before they're going to hate me now. I ran to my car and got in as quickly as I could. I wanted to jus run and never stop. Instead I drop straight home. I called Kris as soon as I thought about it.

"Hello?" She answered

"Oh my god Kris I'm so fucked."

"What happened Ave?"

"I fell asleep at Sara's after we kind of ya know. And when I woke up her mom was standing there in the room. And uhh there was umm something like uh on the bed." My voice kind of faded out with the last part. I realized I was swerving just a little bit.

"Oh my god Ave it wasn't what I think it was." Kris was screaming. She always knew what I was talking about even before I had to say anything.

"Fucking hell yes fuck my life Kris. Her mom is going to hit me with her car. And then Sara starts making out with me right as I'm about to leave. What is that about?"

"I have no idea Ave. All I know is that your fucked." Kris was laughing so hard that I could hear the phone shaking in her hand. I pulled up to my house and sat in the drive way talking to Kris for another 10 minutes before I went into the house.

When I got inside Mom and Lucas were sitting down eating something they had picked up. Lucas was in his baseball uniform which was weird because basketball still had a couple more games.

"You're already practicing for baseball?" I asked Lucas.

"Yeah coach said I need to start practicing because theres a good chance I might get moved up to varsity this year."