Chapter 1

Juliana's point of view:

My mother and me have been walking around this new town for hours trying to find her a job to start our new lives.

It seemed easier then it really is, but it has to be done.

"Juliana look this diner is hiring." She says grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the entrance

The sign on the door reading 'waitress wanted, lunch and dinner rush shifts.' She turned and smiled at me "this would be perfect for me, so I can sleep in or get everything I need done in the morning."

I smile at her enthusiasm and wish her luck sending her off into the cute little diner

I grabbed my headphones from my pocket and put them in leaning against the brick waiting for her to come back out. Minutes go by and she still hasn't returned.

'Maybe she is having good luck in there.' I think to myself just as she returns outside with a huge smile on her face.

"So mom, did you get it?" I question starting to smile at her

"I got it!" She says pulling me into a hug. "But they wanted to know if I could help them out now because they are packed, I said I would check with you."

I pull away and let out a small laugh

"Of course Lupe, I will just walk around Abit and maybe draw something while I wait." Saying as I pulled out my small sketchbook showing her.

"Thank you baby, I will call you when I am done okay. Don't you go to far, stay close by."

Nodding and bumping my hip into hers signalling her to go back into the diner to start her job.

I started walking around looking for a decent place to sit down and concentrate.

My mom does not know this but all I've been drawing recently is designs I have for clothes I want to make. If I were to tell her that I wanted to design clothes she of course would support me but it isn't in our budget right now to go off and spend money of schooling.

Finally after walking for 10 minutes I was able to find a bench in a cute little garden flourished with Lily's and roses.

So I used the flowers to inspire the next outfit I was going to start drawing

Not to long after the basis of the outfit done and I was about to start drawing in the details when I heard shouting for behind me

"No, I can't deal with this anymore, it's been 2 weeks babe, 2 weeks since he passed away. I can not keep dealing with you being sad all the time." A male said

"Lucho, are you kidding me, he was my father! The only parent that I had left, I'm not going to get over that in two weeks! I'm sorry I'm sad but I miss him and can't live without him." A soft voice replies to the man

"Look, I don't even want to go to this stupid party anyways, you go." She says not letting him respond to her first reply

"Fine I will go, I'm not going to sit around and wait for you to be happy." What a jerk this guy is. I don't even know her and I want to hit him for her.

Slightly I turn my head to see who the girl must be walking away from her date

"Be alone see if I care." He yells at her turning himself and walking in the opposite direction

This town is really turning into something.

Going back to my sketchbook finishing up the detailing on what I decide was going to be a dress. Once I finished I put my pencil into the book and closed it holding it into my chest as I got up.

'Now what' I think to myself as start to walk down through the garden.

I opened back up my sketch book to look at the new design one more time not paying attention when I bumped into someone dropping my book.

"Oh shoot I'm so sorry I wasn't looking." I say looking down for my sketch book

"Oh gosh did you design this." A voice says as I see someone picking up my book.

"Uhm yeah, but they are just ideas." I say looking down at my feet. I see my sketch book come into my view as the person was handing it to me.

"Thanks, and sorr..." I cut myself off when I bring my eyes up from the ground being met by the most beautiful ocean eyes I've ever seen.

"S.. sorry." I stutter out not realizing it was the same girl from earlier.