Chapter Interlude I - Oracle's Verse

His life was as hard as pronouncing his name. He sighed while shuffling the cards that he just made.

"You can do it, Zyx." He would say, before knotting his tongue, his words astray. Really, his name was as hard as the as the work that remained, the mountains of parchments, the tools of the trade.

He was a mapper, a seer, an oracle, to boast. His innate talent, to lie, to protect the secret he was afraid of the most. But what is this? The card he was holding, suddenly shined, glowing! And now he was even more afraid, for when he saw a dragon, called Voden among the frays.

He flipped his card, and he squinted hard, for his future was a total mess and stain. This dragon, he envisioned, shall be the center of all paths and pain. Without his element, he lacks recognition, but even with his gifted, shall bring the war to an ignition. Will the power of the null shall be his bane, or will he stand against the reign? 

He made the cards and a card is played. A hand is dealt, only four to remain, save the one he already knew to be written in his name. So many questions unasked, unanswered but a prophecy of doom, so soon, at this hour? Zyx was scared, unprepared when he first read the lines that appeared on his card.

"When the cold of the winds meets the warmth of the hearth,

A dark seed shall be planted in brother's arms.

When the war of all and null shall tear the earth

The power shall be claimed in sister's harm"

He hurried to pouch his crystal ball. The cards beckoned and he answered the call. He darted into the night, leaving no paper or scroll behind. There was no turning back, no time to be afraid. He had to do something, no more delay. He was no longer safe in his domain. He knew one thing, a must to do: find Voden, lest the prophecy was true.