Chapter 1

I stepped into the leather pants I had worn every night for the past three months. I was humming to myself as I pulled my leather jacket and aviators on. I could hear the sound of the screaming fans outside. I walked into the hall and met up with the other band members. My little brother, Arejay, was the drummer, and he started looking at me.

"You look tired Lzzy," he said.

"Yeah, I'm gonna need a major vacation after this tour," I said.

" One more night after this. You'll make it," Arejay said.

" I don't know. You might have to put on these leather pants and wear your hair down thursday night. You can just pretend to be me, and I'll sleep on the bus," I said.

" Don't test me, Lzzy. You might find people would rather see me in those pants. I mean, I definitely have the legs for it," Arejay said laughing.

I started walking towards the stage door, shaking my hands out, running through vocal exercises. It was finally time, and I made my way to the front of the stage. The lights came on, and I sang my heart out.

----------------------------------------------

"Don't forget your hooker boots!" Arejay said.

" They aren't hooker boots, and I was planning on wearing them, so I won't forget them. Did you want help packing your drums up?" I said.

" Sure! It'll give me some time to talk to you."

" What did you want to talk about Arejay?"

"Lzzy, you know I love you, so I'm saying this out of love. You look exhausted, and you're not acting like you usually do. You've been quiet and distant. I feel like you're hiding from me."

" Arejay, I'm just going through some stuff right now."

"Hey, you know you can talk to me about anything."

" I know, Arejay. I just am trying to come to terms with some big stuff."

" Lzzy, I really need you to be honest with me right now. Did you know I was in the hall at the concert in Indianapolis last week?"

I began to panic slightly. "Um, no, I didn't see you."

" Well, I saw you Lzzy, and I saw you kissing that girl. Are you gay Lzzy? You can tell me. I will love you no matter what."

" I really don't know Arejay. I just had a moment of weakness, and I was so tired of feeling alone and unwanted."

"So, you kissed some random groupie girl? I mean, she was hot, but that just doesn't seem like you. You've always been a hopeless romantic at heart."

"I mean, it felt right and wrong at the same time. She was so soft, and she smelled good. I couldn't resist. I just didn't feel like I really connected with her though. I don't know Arejay, I guess I have always felt different, so maybe I am gay."

" Either way Lzzy, I still love you, and I want you to be happy. Please, try and date or something when we're on break. I want to see you happy."

"I'll try, but I doubt I'll find anyone." I said.

" Yeah right," Arejay said. "You sign more boobs than the rest of us. You'll find a girl."

We finished packing up the drums, and we headed to our last show. It was in Columbus, Ohio, and we were going there from West Virginia. I settled into my bunk, and the bus pulled away for the last leg of our trip.

I woke up to a loud bang. I got up to see what was going on. We were slowly coasting into the parking lot of a little restaurant, and there was smoke coming up from the engine of the bus. The driver told me it had stopped steering, and it was probably a serpentine belt on the engine.

I decided to go into the restaurant to make sure it was okay to park there. I opened the door, and there wasn't anyone that I could see. Suddenly, I saw a swinging door, which I presumed went to the kitchen, open, and a tall, long-haired brunette walked out. She smiled when she saw me, and I went weak at the knees.