4.

When you arrived, the house was quiet.

Good, no encounters with Jungkook then.

You hadn't had too much Soju but it had given your body a warmth that spread from your toes to the tips of your fingers.

You hung up your coat and bag before looking briefly around you.

You'd learn to appreciate your own company in such a big house and occupied yourself with different hobbies here and there. Mostly, you enjoyed reading in the conservatory, especially on warm days where you would sit by the window and feel the heat of the sun on your face and body. Jungkook never bothered you there. You'd both silently accepted there were some parts of the house that were your own space. His was the study, where he spent many hours in there working and if he wasn't doing that he always went out. He never said where he was or when he'd be back. You suspected that he was probably seeing his girlfriend and the mere thought always caused a brief ache in your chest that you couldn't pinpoint.

Nevertheless, you were relieved to not see him on those days.

You opened the door to your bedroom and was about to throw yourself on your bed, ready for some well-earned rest, when your phone chimed with a text.

[1] message from: Dad

He was probably texting you about the honeymoon. You rolled your eyes and opened the text.

Everything is sorted. Jungkook told me he'd love to go!

Right, he'd love to go.

I've sent e-tickets for the flight to your email, so make sure you're all packed for tomorrow! Don't worry about work, it's all taken care of. Have a lovely trip, I've booked you away for a week. Tell me all about it when you get back.

Tomorrow? You frowned. That was a bit soon. You needed to start packing now then.

But first you needed to shake off the frustration from the day.

Swiping away from the texting app, you scrolled through your music to pick a song. It took a while to choose one, but once you found one that could easily uplift your mood, you clicked on it with a smile before tossing it onto your bed. Seeing as nobody was home, you had nothing to worry about as you cranked up the volume.

The music began and you nodded your head, swaying it side to side as the tempo picked up. You had chosen a fast, dancey song that would get you dancing around the room. You sang loudly and didn't care if it sounded good or bad. You went from playing the guitar to bashing on the drums while you slide across the floorboards. It was a bittersweet feeling in feeling sad but content with your own company in the moment. But this was one of the many things you enjoyed most; doing whatever you wanted when Jungkook wasn't around. It made you almost optimistic about spending a week away with him.

You started shimmying your hips and squeezing your hands together like a microphone as you sang your heart out, moving out one of your hands as if to point to an adoring crowd. You felt ridiculous and you nearly laughed out loud at your stupidity.

Maybe it was the Soju.

Then, you shut your eyes, propping up leg onto your dressing table.

What you didn't realise, however, was that somebody was stood watching you with an amused look on his face.

Just as you had jumped away from the bed, your feet landing in a power stance as you finished your song on the last note, you heard somebody clear their throat.

Your eyes snapped open.

Leaning against the doorway with his hands in his pockets was - of course - Jeon Jungkook.