part seven

it had been a few weeks since mark's odd encounter with donghyuck and the black haired boy hasn't seen him since. after donghyuck left, mark expected to have caught a glimpse of the boy at least once, even with exams going on, however, that wasn't the case. for some reason no matter how hard mark tried to ignore his thoughts of the younger, the name donghyuck kept reappearing in his mind. and mark wasn't dumb, he knew why he couldn't get the younger out of his head. donghyuck was undeniably beautiful. no matter what he seemed to be doing, the boy seemed to look stunning doing it; even when he was coldly turning away from him or hanging out with someone as obnoxious as chenle.

pulling himself out of his own thoughts, mark sighed reaching for his phone. not knowing what to do with himself, mark opened the groupchat he shared with renjun and jisung. it was not too far after noon meaning his mother had already left for work and mark had found himself with absolutely nothing to do since he had no schoolwork to complete. rolling over in his bed, mark sent the two a text.

mork-  you guys free today?

it didn't take long for his friends to reply.

pwarkboy-  why? are you taking us on a date ;)))

junnie-  lmao that's gay jisung

pwarkboy-  well you sucked jeno's dick last night so,,,

junnie-  excUSE ME

mork-  damn jisung, you really did him dirty

junnie-  wow thanks for having my back mark

mork-  love you :3

mark laughed at their conversation, instantly feeling his day brighten up a little.

mork-  anyway, y'all never answered my question

junnie- o yeah

junnie- i'm pretty sure i'm free

pwarkboy- i am too plus if you guys want to come over my house is empty

mork- alright

junnie- we'll be there in 20

mark tossed his phone somewhere onto his bed, getting up to change into actual clothes rather than the tank top and sweats he was wearing. it didn't take long for the male to get ready and soon he was already huddled into multiple layers, ready to head out into the freezing weather. it didn't mark long to reach renjun's home seeing as it was only a three minute walk from his house. mark found the boy sitting on the porch, his chestnut hair whipping around against the wind. renjun gave older a bright smile and rose from his spot to meet mark at the sidewalk.

"hey," the brunet greeted, his grin numbing mark from the cold. the older chuckled at the younger before ruffling the boy's hair, allowing his arm to remain resting on renjun's shoulder.

"hey loser."

the two continued to walk in silence to jisung's house but when they neared his house mark turned to the younger.

"you didn't actually blow off jeno, right junnie?" the brunet scoffed as he shrugged the older's arm off his shoulder. his pace quickened, giving mark his back.

"what i do with my mouth is my business." mark gasped at renjun's response, his steps halting.

"no way! i didn't think you actually did," if mark's eyes could widen even more, they would've already. "but i thought he had a thing with jaemin!"

renjun turned back to face mark, his face flushed a deep crimson red.

jisung greeted mark and renjun brightly as they stood at his doorstep. however, his smile falter when he saw the brunet's embarrassed state.

"uh, everything alright?" the blond questioned, his eyebrows raising at the two. renjun flushed once again as mark slapped his back, laughing his ass off.

"most definitely," renjun grumbled as he entered the youngest's house.

although jisung wasn't the richest, it was safe to say his family was rather well off. among the three, the youngest's home was the most lavish not only in size, but in goods as well. jisung's parents collected only the finest furniture and chattels which was why the three always hung out at jisung's.

the three boys were now sprawled in random places across the blond's room. renjun sat at jisung's desk, enjoying himself a little too much on the swivel chair as he spun recklessly. mark on the hand was lying on the carpeted floor laughing at the brunet as jisung leaned against his bed, his feet propped onto mark's lap. they remained in those positions talking about pointless stuff and soon enough, a few hours had already passed.

"i can't wait until break is over," the oldest whined. jisung scrunched his nose at the boy and gave him a disgusted look.

"you're literally the only person in the world who actually likes school. think on bright side, it's christmas!" mark glanced at jisung out of the corner of his eyes and pouted again.

"but i have nothing to do~" mark dragged out the word. "the only day my mom is taking off is christmas." renjun stopped spinning in the chair and turned to the two on the floor.

"i heard that hyunjin's throwing a new years party. he invited me and i wasn't planning on going but since your mom will be working new years eve, you might as well get out of the house. jisung nodded his head rapidly in agreement. mark eyebrows furrowed at the suggestion.

"high school party? on new years? that doesn't sound like a very good idea junnie." renjun huffed at the older.

"oh come on mark, you know those cliché high school parties where everyone gets drunk aren't real."

"yeah they a-" jisung was about to protest but was shut down by a glare from the brunet. renjun just turned back to mark.

"please markie," renjun pouted, trying to look as sweet as possible.

"it's not healthy for you to stay in all break," jisung butted in, making the same face as renjun. mark simply rolled his eyes at the two.

"fine, fine. as long as you guys never make that face again."

—oof sorry for the filler. i've been in a writer's AND an artist's block lately but i'll try to update as much as possible.

also happy easter!!