Chapter 1

"Y/n! Time to go!" You hear Dean's voice echo through the bunker, and you look back down at the knife you have in your hand. You spin it a few times, debating, before sighing and putting it back in your bag. You quickly shift the bag to your other hand and grab your jacket, slinging it around your shoulders as you walk out the door. You see Dean immediately smile and straighten when he sees you, and it lifts your spirits. I won't need to do it, as long as I have Dean here with me all the way. This thought repeats in your head as you try to convince yourself. You all climb into the Impala, Sam half-complaining as you take his spot in the front with Dean. He smiles again and reaches out, holding your hand as you speed down the road. You sit in silence for a few minutes, watching blurs of scenery flash by, when Dean speaks up.

"So, Sammy, what're we hunting here?" Dean glances in the rearview mirror at his brother, and you turn to look at the younger brother, preparing for his answer.

"A shifter, I think." You and Dean both sigh simultaneously. The last time you had hunted a shifter, it had caused you a lot of trouble. A huge, big heap of trouble. Even that was an understatement. After a few more minutes of silence, Dean pops in a cassette. You roll your eyes as Heat of the Moment starts blasting inside the car. Dean looks at you and wiggles his eyebrows, and you can't help but giggle. Meanwhile, Sam just moans and flops down on the seat. You rest your head on the side and stare out the window at the blurs of trees speeding by. You glance sideways at Dean and you immediately smile at the sight of him. His fingers tapping against the wheel to the beat, you can tell he is humming along, the setting sun's light illuminating his face. You gaze at his face, his splashes of freckles, his forest green eyes, and his oh so plump lips, and wonder How on Earth is this guy so perfect? Dean looks over to you and catches you staring. You look away blushing, but Dean squeezes your hand lightly. You look over and see Dean give you a loving and caring look. How on Earth am I so lucky?  I don't deserve him. You scoot over in your seat and rest your head on his shoulder, gripping his hand tight. I don't want to lose you, Dean. Some day, you're gonna figure out that I'm not good enough for you. I guess I'll just have to enjoy these moments until that time. You look up at Dean sadly, but slap on a smile when he looks back down at you. He reaches down and pecks your lips softly, before shifting his eyes back to the road. Calming down at the sight of the colourful, setting sky, you eventually doze off.

"Y/n!" You feel a shake on your shoulder. You attempt to open your eyes, but close them again when the bright daylight hits your eyes. You feel a bigger, stronger shake on your shoulder. You slowly open your eyes, waiting as they adjust to the light. Finally, after what seems like forever, your eyes are fully opened.

"We're here." Dean gestures to the scene outside, and you look through the windshield. You sigh as you take in the sight of a battered up warehouse.

"It's in there!?!?" you complain. Dean smiles at your stubbornness but shakes you off his shoulder.

"Sorry, but we got a job to do." This time it's your turn to smile, and you climb out of the car, ignoring your protesting limbs. 

"This is why I shouldn't sleep in a bad position for a long time," you mutter under your breath as you try to last-minute stretch. Sam gives you a look and Dean just chuckles. 

"It's not funny!" You make a face at Dean before marching ahead of them. 

"Come on, we got a job to do." You imitate Dean's last words, shooting a look over your shoulder. When they don't catch up to you, you turn and watch as they jog over to you. You follow behind them and watch out as Dean picks the lock on the door. You and Sam slip in, bringing out your guns, Dean trailing in behind you. With a few nods of his head, he makes a plan for the lot of you, and you all trail your separate ways. You head left, Sam heads right, and Dean heads center. You walk into the hallway, and open the door at the end, raising your gun. After doing a full checkup of the room, you finalize that it is empty. You walk into the next room, check it, then move. In your 7th room, you open the last door, walk in, and see...

"Dean?" Dean spins around, gun raised, but stops when he sees you. 

"Hey, y/n, find anything?" You shake your head. Where can it be?

"Y/n, Sam, nothing on my side!" You hear a voice, a more distant one, and you spin around to face the person in front of you. The shifter. As Dean.

"You son of a-" You are immediately cut off by a hand clamped over your mouth. You kick and punch, struggling to break free.

"My, my, what a terrible hunter you make." You immediately stop at the words. You knew what the shifter was doing. He was feeding your suicidal ideation. 

"Ooh! You want to know what I just found?" he continues, and you know it's only going to get worse. Except you can't fight back. Because you know it's true. All of what he's going to say is true. Until he speaks again.

"Oh my. Dean doesn't want to be your boyfriend. Ouch!" the shifter exclaims dramatically. You immediately freeze in shock. Dean doesn't... Dean doesn't want to be my boyfriend? You feel the tears spring to your eyes, though you fight to hold it in. Dean doesn't want to be my boyfriend. Each word feels like a stab to the heart. You crumple to the floor, openly sobbing now. You hear a cackle from above you, but you don't care. The shifter opens its mouth to speak, and you wait to hear what else it has to say. Suddenly, a gunshot rings in the dead silence. You look up to see the shifter fall to the floor, a bullet hole square in its chest. You look up to see Dean, the real Dean, with his gun raised. He sees you and immediately rushes to your side. He sees your tears and a panicked expression takes over. 

"Y/n! Are you okay?" You look at him through teary eyes, not wanting to believe what the shifter said. But you know it's true. 

"I'm fine," you say through gritted teeth. You stand up, pushing past Dean, and walk out the door.