Chapter Nineteen

-Everyone entered Tails' house and into his workshop. Sonic was shocked to see a giant capsule with the computer connected to it. There was also something on top of it that held all seven Chaos Emeralds. Sonic walked up to it and examined the lever and buttons that seemed to control it.
"Imperessed?" Tails giggled.
"Yeah," Sonic replied. "This is really going to make everyone see my brother?"
"It should," Tails assured. "I've made sure there was no error to this."
-Fleetway was next to Sonic and was examining the machine. He ears flattened and he backed up a bit. "I don't know about this."
"What's wrong?" Sonic looked at Fleetway.
"It's not that I don't want to do this, but this looks...off."
"Don't over think it," Shadow reassured him. "It'll be worth it."
-Tails walked over to the machine and pushed a button that opened the glass door in the capsule. He turned around and motioned his hand to it. "Can you get Fleetway in here?"
"Fleetway?" Sonic put his hand on Fleetway's shoulder when Fleetway didn't move. "I'm right here for you."
-Fleetway looked at Sonic and he grined as his ears perked up. "All...All right then," Fleetway reluctantly walked inside the capsule and nodded at Sonic.
"He's in!" Sonic told Tails.
-Tails nodded and pushed the button that closed the door. Fleetway had placed his hands along the glass door and looked directly at Sonic. Tails then pulled the lever down and the Chaos Emeralds started glowing. A green line of light moved up and down the capsule, scanning Fleetway's body. Tails then pushed a button on the computer and a recording of Fleetway showed on the screen. Although Sonic and Shadow paid no mind to it, both Amy and Tails gasped and stared at the screen.
"Is that really him?" Amy squealed in joy.
"It is!" Tails hopped joyfully. "All right, this is it" Tails walked back to the machine and pushed the second button and the Chaos Emeralds energy started flowing over into Fleetway's body. Fleetway flinched and hit his back on the wall as even more energy came flowing in. Sonic tensed when Fleetway looked at him in fear.
-Amy grabbed Sonic's arm and leaned in. "It'll be okay. Tails knows what he's doing."
-Sonic smiled after feeling better but he then gasped when the capsule filled up with white smoke. He whipped his head towards Tails and pointed at the machine. "Is that supposed to happen!?"
"Relax, Sonic," Tails said annoyingly. "He's fine."
-Sonic brought his hand back down and looked at the machine worriedly. Are you okay, Fleetway? He was about to walk forward when Fleetway put his hand on the glass, pushing some of the smoke away to where Sonic was able to see his face for a split second.
KUR-DING!
-Tail immediately went over to the machine after it made that noise and pushed the button and pushed the lever back up. After hesitating, Tails pushed the other button that opened the door and the white smoke started flowing out of the machine slowly.
-Everyone stayed silent as they waited patiently for the smoke to clear. Once it did, it revealed Fleetway standing there with his eyes closed. He opened them and slowly started examining his hands. "Did it work?"
-Sonic felt Amy let go of his arm and heard her gasp. "Oh my god!" She ran up to Fleetway and was circling him. "I can see him! I can hear him!" She then stopped, brought up her hand, and slapped Fleetway's arm really hard.
-Fleetway jumped back a bit and grasped his arm. "Ow! What the hell!?"
"I can touch him!" Amy cheered.
-Tails went next to Amy and made a huge smile. "It worked! It really did work!" He then drew back and coughed. "I mean...of course it did!"
-Sonic sighed in relief. Can you still hear me? He looked and wait for Fleetway to reply.
"I can still hear your thoughts," Fleetway turned and looked at Sonic. "I don't know why, though."
"I guess it's still handy," Sonic remarked. He walked up to Fleetway and grined. "Now you can do what you've always wanted."
-Fleetway then frowned and looked down at his feet. "I...I don't know what I want to do."
"That's okay," Sonic reassured him. "You have all the time in the world to think."
-Fleetway looked back up at Sonic and smirked. "First, let's show off to dad."
-Sonic chuckled and started walking. "Let's go!" He then looked at Shadow, Amy, and Tails. "Ya'll can come, too, if you want."
"Duh!" Amy followed Sonic immediately and waited as Tails and Shadow came in behind them as they all started walking out the house.

-Uncle Chuck's mouth was wide open when he saw Fleetway standing in front of him. He shook his head and rubbed his eyes before he spoke. "Tell me I'm dreaming, sonny."
"You're not dreaming, uncle Chuck," Sonic chuckled. "We figured out how to make him visible to everyone."
"You mean I figured it out," Tails pointed out.
"Right," Sonic giggled. He looked at Chuck and wrapped his arm around Fleetway's shoulders. "Where's dad?"
-Chuck laughed out loud and motioned everyone inside. "He's in the house with your mother and siblings. Come on in!"
-Everyone went inside and into the dining room where Sonic's family was at. Fleetway stopped and pulled Sonic back. "I keep forgetting dad's a robot now," He whispered.
-Sonic nodded and lightly pushed him back. "Just don't mention it to him," He then took the lead and walked over to the dining table. "What's up fam!?" He shouted.
-Everyone turned and looked at Sonic. Both Manic and Sonia stood up and ran at Sonic. "Sonic!" They wrapped their arms around him and started to squeeze him tight.
"Guys, I can't breathe!" Sonic yelled. They then pulled back and smiled.
"It's good to see you!" Sonia squealed.
"You need to come more often," Manic remarked.
-Both Jules and Aleena stood up and walked over to them. Aleena giggled and placed her hands on Sonic's shoulders. "What brings you here, son?"
"Well, I don't wanna be rude, but I really need to rub something into dad's face right now!" Sonic laughed.
-Jules crossed his arms and grined. "Oh really? What is it?"
-Sonic turned around and motioned Chuck, Shadow, Amy, and Tails to move aside and Fleetway walked up beside him.
-Jules tilted his head to the side. "Who's this?"
"You didn't believe me when I said I had a brother when I was a child," Sonic reminded as he smirked.
"I thought you were talking about Manic," Jules pointed out.
-Sonic shook his head. "Not Manic, dad. Fleetway, my other brother."
-Fleetway grined and closed his eyes. "Hi, dad!"
-Jules eyes went wide and he slowly looked at Aleena. "Aleena? Do we need to talk about something?"
"What!?" Aleena drew back. "I didn't do anything!"
"Relax, Jules," Shadow walked up and stood next to Fleetway. "He's made from Chaos energy and was formed right when Sonic was born."
"Yeah, Fleetway's my psychically connected twin," Sonic further explained to his father. "He's able to hear my thoughts and he always takes over my body if I'm scared or about to die."
-Sonia was rubbing her temples. "So, he's just your twin, right? We're not quadruplets?"
-Sonic giggled as he shook his head. "We're not quadruplets. He is in fact just my twin."
"Oh, thank goodness!" Aleena sighed in relief.
-Manic walked right up to Fleetway's face and then slowly drew back. "Bro, what's with the eyes?"
-Fleetway backed up from Manic and looked away. "They were made that way."
"Manic," Sonic pulled his brother back. "Don't be insensitive."
-Jules chuckled and placed his hands on his hips. "I don't understand how this is possible."
-Chuck came in and put his hand on his shoulder. "I'll tell ya later, brother."

-It was night and Shadow, Tails, and Fleetway came with Sonic and Amy back at their house. They were in the living room just talking with one another. Fleetway was looking around the house while talking with Sonic. "You just left our little shack and moved here?"
"It felt right," Sonic explained. "But I still would visit the hut and try to remember how things were."
-Fleetway nodded while not looking at Sonic. "I'm really sorry, though."
"You don't need to be sorry," Sonic reassured. "We're brothers; we're always going to do stupid things."
"It's about time I head back," Tails stood up and looked at Sonic. "Your shift with Elias starts tomorrow morning. You better get some rest," Sonic nodded as Tails waved goodbye and left the house.
-Shadow stood up as well. "I better go, too," He started walking out the house and shut the door behind him.
-Fleetway looked out the window and stood up. "You don't mind me staying with Shadow? I don't want to bother you and Amy."
-Before Sonic could speak Amy spoke first. "You can stay if you want. We have the room."
-Fleetway shook his head. "I can't do that to you two. I'll be fine."
-Sonic stood up and held out his hand to Fleetway. "Stay safe, brother."
-Instead of taking Sonic's hand, Fleetway hugged Sonic tightly. "Thank you, Sonic," He then groaned and started rubbing his back.
"Your back still hurts? Let me get some--"
"It's okay," Fleetway assured him. "I'll be fine. Just worry about Amy, not me," He then left the house and Sonic watched him run after Shadow through the window.
-Sonic sighed and sat back down on the couch. "Why can't things be normal between us?"
-Amy scooted closer to Sonic and leaned on him. "Fleetway's going to go through changes now."
-Sonic nodded. "But I'm worried."
"Worried about what?"
"I told you Fleetway resembled my dark side. Sometimes he takes things too far. Now that everyone can see him...I'm worried he'll do something terrible."
-Amy stood and and kissed Sonic's forehead. "I'm sure he won't make any rash decisions. He's with Shadow and even he isn't that bad."
"Maybe you're right," Sonic stood up wrapped his arms around Amy. "I'll just sleep on it."