Sueños

Edited by Shreya_VA

Edited by Shreya_VA

One minute he was coming towards me with victory in his eyes and the smile, only reserved for me, arms spread wide to take me in and the next moment he was on the ground breathing his last breath...

Watching him fall, felt like my world was crumpling apart and its very foundation, shaken.
We knew that there would be a time when we will have to say good bye to each other and we prepared ourselves for that everyday...

But the actual feeling is the worst. To wake up and not see his remnants in the home we lived in, the home which is just a house now...

♥️♥️♥️

Dimitri, the home which carried so many memories is lost without your exasperated sighs at my antiques. The rolling of your eyes when I thought of some reckless plan. The warm, sweet laugh when I pouted about something you denied to me.
The scent of your hot cocoa, a bait to wake me up in the morning and also to relieve all my stress.

I miss you Dimitri.. or rather Comrade... Comrade? YES!
You will always be Comrade to me...

My Russian God who came down to love me and make me feel the world was in my hands. I want to be in arms like the last time you were coming towards ME. Now, the blini I make is awful, I don't know how in front of you it was always perfect.

Sometimes I think that all this is just a dream and I will wake and find myself pressed beneath your massive body, which is called 'snuggling' in your terms.

I just can't live in this emptiness that I am feeling. Sometimes when I pass across the mirror I see you standing in our room... Just like today...

It is eating me alive, Comrade...

Please come back...

But I know you won't.

Not now, or ever...

♥️♥️♥️

I take the vase beside me and throw it at the mirror, shattering it into shreds, the sound resonating in my ears, breaking my nightmare with it.

Opening my eyes I just go still for a minute, collecting my thoughts, sweat pouring from my temples.
I feel a body pressed to mine.

Dimitri!

The warmth of his brown eyes searching for the reason of the pale look on my face. I bit the inside of my cheek to make sure it wasn't a dream.

The pain which seared into my mouth, said it wasn't.

I pressed my mouth to his, drowning in the ethereal feeling of ecstasy, as if my life depended on it. His shoulder length hair draping us in their darkness, our breath mingling.

At this time the sound of his breathing, his beating heart is the only music to my ears.

I didn't realise my tears until he kissed them away...

But then, isn't that what we signed for. Dimitri is here, in front of me, breathing and in my arms. It's enough.

A/N 500 words completed... The character I've used here is Dimitri from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. Written for the justwriteit #justwriteday prompt in collaboration with Fanfic. The feeling if he's dead would be the most earth shattering for me.

And the person who made me write this is Shreya_VA
The Masquerade who is an angel in disguise.
Loads of love to you...