ONE

ALEA JACTA EST AB AETERNO, AB EXTRA, ABHINC AB INITIO.

"the die has cast, from the eternal, from beyond, from here on, from the beginning."

ZELDA shuddered mouth falling into a silent scream when her body shot forward from where she had been sitting for the night. She scrambled looking more frazzled than she had ever in all her years, body moving in the direction of her spell books. She could feel the hum of Hilda entering the room with Sabrina at her side, Ambrose no doubt choosing to ignore what was happening. 

Words hissed in her ear like a serpent, the loud reverb echoing as a constant thud.

They carried her forward and out the door having given up her search in light of running to the direction of the noise. The old Spellman cemetery, where the Spellman's buried their own, hummed with the touch of magic, dark and alluring in all counts. The second her hand touched the foothold of the house a coat appeared onto her in seconds, ends flying with the speed she traveled. 

"Zelda! ZELDA!" Hilda called for her sister muttering out tiny curses with her eyes wide and movements as frantic as her sister. It wasn't until Zelda stopped completely that Hilda and Sabrina were able to catch up to her, a silent Ambrose hidden from view. 

"Vitam aeternam." Zelda muttered under her breath eyes scattering along the gravestones until one lonesome mediocre stone caught her eye. "Eternal life." She repeated again discarding the latin for english in the same way the tomb had Eternal life etched onto it. 

"Zelda what are you doing?" Hilda hissed sharply eyes wide and hands shaking. She never did like seeing that gravestone. 

Zelda, a snicker echoed in her ear making her bite her tongue with clenched fists. Poor little Zelda Spellman.

"Show yourself you spineless little bitch." The ground began to shake quietly the tighter Zelda held her fists. Sabrina who stood quiet till now opened her mouth hesitantly but said nothing, looking to Hilda who offered nothing to sooth her concerns. 

First, it was a set of fingertips protruding out from the mediocre grave, nails fined sharply as if to tear into flesh. Next, it was the ground that broke as if still freshly dug and not centuries old and the hand that swung down to latch onto the lush grass. It was then that Sabrina gasped reading the stone for the first time since they arrived.

"Salazar Spellman" Hilda spun to look at her niece biting her lip and looking down in shame. They hadn't meant to keep so much from her, Hilda and Zelda had always thought that the wards would last past millenniums to come but Salazar would always remain Salazar in the end. 

Hilda should have known nothing could keep him down for long, he'd always been like that even in their childhood. 

"Uncle Sal.." Ambrose, from where he stood a distance away, looked down ashamed that Salazar had been trapped and kept away from Sabrina. His uncle never deserved the betrayal his sisters gave him. The way they moved to pretend he had never existed, hexing him away from their lives. 

From the hands that unearthed themselves came the body of the man that Hilda and Zelda cursed away in fear. Uncle Salazar Spellman, ever so dashing with his chocolate curls and deep mocha eyes paired with a smile which never failed him. The man who could have once been Satan himself, an almost host to their dark lord existing once more for the first time in ages. 

"Little ZeZe!" The centuries old teen cackled darkly when the crisp air entered his lungs, voice husky and raw. "That's a nickle in the swear jar!"