twenty

Niya was bathing in the sunlight in her Animagus form

Niya was bathing in the sunlight in her Animagus form. She was laying on her back, exposing her stomach. It was a wonderful afternoon for relaxing outside. Niya purred quietly, her stomach rumbling contently. Ariel was working inside the barn with the Hippogriffs, Theseus was at work, and Newt was inside his case, so Niya decided to get some alone time.

A shadow loomed over her face. She opened her eyes and saw Theseus's soft smile. She rolled back onto her stomach and stood on her paws, then brushed against Theseus lovingly. He chuckled and leaned down to pet her. She rubbed her ears against his hand and nuzzled her nose against him. He stood up, making her pout.

"I'll be back," he said.

Niya sat down and patiently waited for him. Her tail was gently swishing back and forth. Soon enough, he walked out of the house, wearing sweatpants and no shirt.

Once he reached Niya, he pet her head, then laid down. She copied his actions and laid down on her side, paws sprawled across his body. He chuckled.

"Moving Leta's things are much harder than I thought it'd be," he whispered. "I look at her things and I'm not sure if I want to throw them all away or keep them."

Niya peeked one eye open. His eyes were closed as they bathed in the sunlight. She closed her eyes again and rubbed her forehead against his arm.

"Thank you for being here for me, Niya," Theseus said. "I really appreciate it. I'm not sure what I would do without you. When I think about it, you've always been there for Newt and I. It's shocking how much you fit right into our family. Newt's been having a tough time as well. We've both lost someone dear to us, but I'm glad we still have you. I'm glad I still you. I'd be lonely without you."

Niya peeked one eye open again, but this time, he was all ready staring at her.