28 (Part 2 of Chapter 27)

*10 Years Later*

Ages: Seokjin (17)
Namjoon (16)

Seokjin POV

I walk down the hall of my new school, in my old town, trying to ignore the weird looks that I'm getting.

"Nail polish and acrylic nails? He's a guy." A jock scoffs. I reach up to my neck, and grab my necklace, that was given to me by my childhood friend.

"He's such a little bitch." A girl sighs.

"Don't listen to them." A girl pops out of nowhere. "I'm Lisa."

"Seokjin." I mumble. "C-Can you help me find my Calculus class?"

"Of course! I have that class anyway. I usually skip, but I guess I could go today." She smiles. She leads me down the hall, to the classroom.

"Oh, Hello! We have a new student. Introduce yourself please!"

"M-My name's Seokjin. I enjoy singing, and painting peoples nails." I blush.

"That's so gay!" Someone laughs.

"Leave the kid alone, Jiyong." I look up shyly, into the eyes of a dimples man.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"Take your seat Seokjin." The teacher points to a seat next to the dimpled man.

"I'm Namjoon." The guy shakes my hand. "I think it's cool that you express yourself by paining your nails. You should do mine sometime."

"O-Okay." I smile slightly. "I can paint them later if you'd like."

"That sounds great."

*Time Skip to Lunchtime*

"Hey Seokjin!" Namjoon exclaims. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" I pause on my nail painting, before responding.

"Go ahead." I say. He places his tray across from me, sitting down. I resume painting my nails.

"Those look good." He says. I smile slightly at the compliment.

"Thanks. I could do yours now if you want." I say.

"That sounds nice." He says. I grab a bottle of black nail polish out of my bag.

"This is going to be difficult, because of my acrylics, but if you hold still, it'll be easier." I say. He doesn't move as I bring the brush across his nails. When I'm done, he reaches over to touch my necklace.

"Where'd you get this?" He asks.

"C-Careful with that!" I say. "My childhood friend gave it to me before I moved to Daegu."

"What was your friend's name?" He asks.

"I-I don't remember. But I called him Joonie." I say.

"Jinnie," He says. "Was the name of my childhood friend that moved away. I gave him a locket, matching mine. I said that we'd meet again in the future."

"J-Joonie?" My eyes widen.

"Nice to see you again Jinnie." He grins. A tear falls down my face. "Why're you crying?"

"I didn't expect to find you. I thought I'd lost you forever." I sniffle. He walks around the table and pulls me into a hug.

"Don't cry hyung." He chuckles. "I'm here now. All that matters, is that we're together."

*7 Years Later*

"Jinnie! I'm home!" I rush into the living room to greet my boyfriend.

"I missed you." I mumble.

"I was only gone for two days." He smiles.

"Too long." I say. "You go on too many business trips. Stay home more."

"I don't think I can be your boyfriend anymore Seokjin." He sighs. My smile falters, and my heart stops.

"W-What? Was it something I did?" I ask as tears fill my eyes.

"I want to be your husband." He smiles. He holds a small box out of his pocket. "Will you marry me?"

Instead of answering, I slap him on the head.

"Ow~!" He whines.

"You idiot!" I cry. "You scared me so much!"

"So, is that a yes?" He asks.

"Of course, pabo! I love you so much Kim Namjoon." I place a kiss to his lips.

"And I love you, Kim Seokjin." He slides the ring onto my finger.