Chapter Fifty Three

Luci POV

Angel was being all pouty as we cuddled on the couch, I think she's still upset about how things panned out with her mother. She didn't get the reunion she was hoping for. I just rubbed her back and gave her small little kisses hoping it would help her feel better.  I honestly felt at a loss, I didn't quite understand what she was feeling, honestly, I don't think she did either. I didn't know what advice to give her, and I don't think just telling her that everything would be okay fit. 

Maybe going into little space would help, I know it cheered her up in the past, and she really hasn't done it since before we found out about everything. I think I still have everything too, all her coloring books, her stuffies, her pacis, and her little clothes. 

"Wait here Angel, I will be right back, I'm going to go grab something that I think will cheer you up," I told her as I lifted her off my lap, she sat there looking at me confused. 

I dug through the hall closet and found her favorite things in a bin. I pulled out the bin and just brought the whole thing with me to the living room.

"What's that?" she asked sitting up.

"Oh, my angel doesn't remember what this is?" I teased playfully. I set the bin down and pulled out  an old raggedy stuffed whale, her eyes widened first then she squealed,

"Oh! How could I ever have forgotten Mr. Clyde!" she scrambled to get up from the couch and snatch it from my hands. I pulled out her favorite pacifier out of the box and cleaned it off,

"And what about this babygirl? Did you forget about this?" I held up the pacifier, it had a clear shield with pink pearl gems decorating it with a pink cloud. She squealed even more and opened her mouth wide waiting for me to slip it in. I teased her with it for a moment,

"Daddy gets a kiss first babygirl," I leaned down and gave her a kiss that left her a little heated. I know it was mean but I am Satan after all. She eagerly sucked on her paci as she slipped into little space. I knew this would make her feel better. She is such a cutie.

"Would you like to color in daddy's lap while we watch a movie, Angel?" I asked as I waved a mermaid coloring book and a pack of markers. 

"Mhmhmhmhm!" she nodded her head frantically. 

"Well then come here, Angel," I exclaimed as I sat back down on the couch, she waddled over to me and got comfortable in my lap as I put on a movie,

"Which movie babygirl?" I asked while brushing the hair out of her face,

"Da fishy one," she tried to say while her paci was still in her mouth, adorable. 

"The fishy one, huh? I think I can find the fishy one baby," I pulled her close to me as she began to color with Mr. Clyde tucked under one of her arms. After the movie started her eyes were glued to the screen until moments when she remembered she had been coloring. She swayed back and forth gently every now and then, a trait I was familiar with.

Suddenly there was a soft knock at the door, she scrambled up and swung the door open before I could stop her. I was soon up behind her,

"Unle Ain!" she yelled through her paci and jumped up into his arms. He just chuckled and walked into the house shutting the door behind him. 

"Angel, we let daddy answer the door, what if it wasn't Uncle Cain?" I lightly scolded.

"Your daddy is right sweet pea," Cain chimed in.

"Sowwy sir," she mumbled through her paci.

"What brings you over, Cain?" I asked as I wasn't expecting a visit.

"I came to see how everything went, but it can wait," he said in a low voice as she played with his beard, "I didn't know I'd be seeing this little cutie," he cooed and she giggled, "Watcha watching sweet pea?" he asked.

"Fishy movie," she said proudly,
"Woah the fishy movie? That's a good one," he played back.
"Mhmhmhmhm," she giggled.

It's nice to see her like this again, it been a long while.
Cain commented over the mental link.
I nodded and smiled back at him, it was great seeing her all little again.

"Well sweet pea, I have to get going, just thought I'd stop by and say hi," he told her.

"Awe, otay," she said in a disappointed voice before hugging his neck.

"Say bye bye uncle cain," I told her as he opened the door to leave.

"Bye bye unle ain."

"Okay babygirl, let's get back to the movie shall we," she nodded slowly, her eyes looked sleepy. Looks like my little one has had enough excitement today. I sat back down on the couch and moved her coloring stuff aside and pulled her blanket over us.
Her eyes began to droop more and more as I rubbed her back.

...best daddy ever....
I heard her voice whisper across the mental link, hearing it in her little girl voice made me grin. I still didn't think she had control over the mental link yet, but it was still cute hearing her little messages. I didn't realize how much I missed her until she was here again.

Shes never leaving me ever again.