chapter 19

Chapter 19: Reading Fallen

*time skip – five months*

"Wow that went really fast, I can't believe the gods are making us listen to this book, and we all have ADHD and all that other things that they shouldn't have us sitting for hours on end." Leo murmured and stretched out on the floor, he held a book in hand and groaned as he saw it was still very thick.

"Come on, Percy," Darren grumbled, "we're gonna be late for breakfast if you don't get up!"

"Five more minutes," Percy murmured into his pillow.

"Boys are so lazy! I mean morning starts at the time Apollo begins to break through the skies!" Demeter exclaimed and threw her hands into the air in a "What can you do about it" maner.

"Well not everyone needs to be up in an ungodly hour!" Nico Di Angelo growled out and many of the titans gods and demigods all nodded their heads in support.

"Under the sea you can't tell when it is day or night, it's too dark, that is why we have Pearl Lights," Poseidon put in his two cent worth.

"GUYS LET ME READ!" Leo yelled and withered under the glares he got.

Darren glared at Percy from across the room. "Hey, isn't the cabin counsellor supposed to be the one getting the cabin up, not the other way around?"

Percy turned his head to glare at his half-brother. "Hey, I've still got a headache. Shut up."

Darren grinned. "It's the gods' revenge for your harsh training sessions."

"Your faults for agreeing," Percy yawned. "Oh gods, it feels so good to have a bed again."

"Yeah, you've been saying that for the past five months," Darren said as he rolled his eyes. "And I don't think Mr. D's gonna be pleased with you if you miss breakfast again."

"Well beds are amazing after being in Tartarus for so long," Kronos grinned, it made many of them shiver at the sharp grin the Titan King gave.

"Shut up. I have a headache."

Darren frowned. "Still? It hasn't gone away?"

Percy shook his head and rolled over to glare at the ceiling. "It feels like someone's hitting me in the head with a hammer. Actually, I'd prefer the hammer."

"I am sure Leo and the hephaestus children won't mind hitting Percy with a hammer!" Ares said and put together the gun he held in his hands. "If not, me and my children will!"" He boomed.

Darren rolled his eyes. "Come on, just get up. We'll talk to Chiron and Mr. D about it at breakfast."

Percy grumbled, but stood up and quickly got dressed. He stretched as he strode out the cabin with Darren following him and made his way to the dining pavilion. Demigods greeted the two sons of Poseidon as they went past, and the day was already in full swing.

"It's strange reading about our lives, even though it hasn't happened yet," Darren mused and glanced around receiving nods from many.

Glancing at the shadowy figure beside Kronos he let out a sigh, he had a feeling about him: it was family, and familiar but he wasn't sure why. Shaking his head Darren didn't notice the golden eyes on him.

In the dining pavilion the immortal campers were mostly sitting at the Poseidon table, which had originally annoyed Percy, but now he was used to it. Percy slid into his customary seat at the end of the table with Darren and Annabeth opposite him, and he quickly started on the maple syrup covered pancakes as Annabeth asked his half-brother how he'd been during the night, like she'd been doing for the last five months.