Chenle

You Thought

"I'm going to school now Mom!" I said and walked to the front door.

"Okay sweetie! Don't forget to give Lele the packed sandwich, okay?" Mom said from the kitchen.

"Yes mother dear!" I shouted and went out of the house. I closed the gate and walked myself to school.

School was just a ten minute walk from home, so I don't really mind just walking everyday.

As soon as I arrived inside the campus, I went directly to the faculty office and searched for a certain purple haired boy.

"Good morning Ma'am, is Chenle perhaps here?" I asked the secretary at the front desk.

"His father is here, but no sign of the boy." She said, I just thanked her and went out of the office.

You see, Chenle is the son of our school's director, and he happens to be my dearest best buddy. We've been friends since freshemen year, and now we're graduating this year. Which means, college is next! Gosh, I'm still not ready. Okay, back to the topic.

"Where could he be?" I mumbled as I kept walking, until I arrived at class. But sadly, still no Chenle.
What if he skipped class? No way, his father would surely not tolerate that.

I proceeded to my chair and sat silently until morning period was over. I lazily walked to the cafeteria, not really having the appetite to eat.

A day without Chenle, is like not having chicken for eternity!  Chicken is life, okay?

Unpacking my lunch, I let out a deep sigh. I'm really worried, I thought I would just see him here at this hour, thinking that, maybe he was too hungry to even attend class or he's too bored to enter class so he decided to just binge watch marvel movies while eating his favorite ramyun. But no.

After finish eating, I cleaned up my food, when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I looked up to see Jisung, one of Chenle's guy friends.

"Uh hey Y/n, can you go to the rooftop? Someone wants to talk to you." He said nervously. I smiled at his cuteness.

"Mind telling me who it is?" I asked and raised my eyebrow.

"Uhm, go find out for yourself."

"Okay, but Jisung?"

"Y-yeah?"

"Please don't be nervous around me okay? I don't bite." I said and smiled sincerely. I grabbed my bag and waved goodbye to Jisung.

I ran up the stairs to the rooftop and saw the door slightly ajar.

'...maybe Chenle's here right?..'

Slowly opening the door, I scanned the whole area. My eyes, of course, didn't fail to notice a purple hair standing out by the corner, where wooden blocks were placed.

I walked closer, and I was right. I saw a peaceful looking Chenle, leaning his head on one of the blocks, his eyes closed.

'I wonder what's gotten into him, that he decided to stay here...'

I squatted down and gently tapped his shoulder.

His eyes automatically opened and I was about to shout at him, when I noticed the gloomy look on his face.

"What's wrong Lele?" I asked concernly.

He shook his head and faced me.

"You're here..." He said and hugged me. My arms circled around him.

"Lele, what happened?" I asked again, hoping for an answer from him.

Chenle lets go of me and sat straight. "Y/n..be honest with me please. Did...did you befriend me, just because of my status?"

I frozed at hearing his words. I was really worried about him, and this all that I'm going to hear?

"What?! Who told you that?" I asked.

Chenle looked down and said, "Our classmates told me, no, almost everyone did. I can't help but--"

"So you believed in them right? You believed those nonsense, than asking me first? So this, this is the reason why you didn't appear all day?" I scoffed.

"Yes, yes it is. So tell me, is it true?" Chenle said, this time looking at me.

"I can't believe you dare ask me that! Are you Chenle? Do you really think like I'm some gold digger or something?! Oh my gosh, I can't believe what I'm hearing right now!" I exclaimed, as anger was slowly taking over my system.

"I didn't say that. I just wanted to ask you if it's true, cause why not? It can be true y/n! What if you befriended me just for money? popularity? Or maybe you were one of those...social climbers?" Chenle said, tears flowing out of his eyes.

As much as I want to comfort and hug his fragile state. I can't! He's accused me of so much! I can't believe my best friend of six years, thought of me like that.

"Chenle! Did you really think of me like that?? I-I can't believe you, I-I can't. You're one of the persons I truly rely on, but turns out, you're just like the others. I know I'm poor, and not like you! But my mother raised me well, and never has she thought me to be like that. I befriended you for what you are Chenle, you're personality dragged me towards you, b-but I guess I was wrong. Six years just came to waste, don't you think? You! Don't you ever talk to me again okay?! Just forget that you even know me!!" I shouted and ran away.

'how dare he...I thought..I thought he was different. The world is so cruel, that even the innocent ones adapted it's hatred towards human being..'

-
_

sadly, this happened to me in real life, but different accusation. i don't know how other people's word can affect them so much :( i'm glad we fixed it tho

Don't worry, there's gonna be a part II~^^