Leeroy Messes Up, Big Time

(Picture of the Gorge @ http://i3.minus.com/ibuS7lSmFATIo3.png)

The Squad was transported by VTOL to their new post. The first view they had of it was when they saw the large spires that rose out of the gorge. Every so often, the spires would discharge a blue blob of energy that seemingly did nothing. At one end, there was a waterfall that emptied into a river that snaked it's way through the gorge and ended at in a large lake. The terrain was rocky, and both sand and grass were covering it.

There was a sparse population of trees within the walls of the valley. There was also an older model of VTOL that had crashed off to one side of the gorge.

As they got closer, they realised that the large spires were actually two identical bases at each end of the valley. The VTOL landed at the one nearest the waterfall and they were ushered into the base.

Their officer was waiting up the ramp on the main platform. There were two propulsion cannons, one going forwards and the other to the left. The squad lined up  facing the rear of the base, towards the officer.

"Gentlemen. Welcome to Valhalla. This will be your new home for the duration of your mission. You have been tasked to protect our flag from all who come to steal it. If you lose this flag, you have failed me, and the rest of your pals back home. We don't have much time, so I'm leaving my explaination short. We have equipped this base with underground sleeping quarters, and a system that will revive you if you happen to get too badly injured. There will also be resupplies every so often to keep you up to combat readiness. And that is all I have time for. Contact me using this device to report any unusual urgent information." The squad preformed a sloppy salute and got to checking out their new home.

While they were checking out their new place, five blue clad soldiers entered the flag area. Alarms blared throughout the base as he flag was taken by the Blues.

The newly arrived team was puzzeled, but soon scrambled after the now retreating Blue team. Bullets streaked and whizzed towards the Blues but none hit them. Baker and Grudman hopped into the Warthog jeep and speeded in the direction the blues had gone.

The Blues had made it past the middle hill and were soon caught by Baker and Grudman. The Flag bearer continued on his way with one of his teammates while the other three Blues stopped and opened fire on the Warthog with their guns.

"Are they using live rounds?" asked Grudman

"Well, we're using live rounds, so, yeah!" said Baker

An ATV shot by the two bickering squadmates. A lone trooper rode it, and he had no weapons. He had probably assumed that the rest of the team was behind him as he shouted "All right chums! Let's do this, LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIINNNS!"

"Oh god, cover Leeroy!" Shouted Philips who followed with Cruz on another ATV. Baker and Grudman reluctantly followed in their Warthog jeep, after Baker had gotten onto the back mounted turret. Jenkins' ATV flew over a jump and did a few flips while the others followed him off of the jump.

The Blue Flag bearer turned his head to see what was going on behind him, and decided that it would be in his best interests to the flag get to the delivery point as soon as possible.

Leeroy's ATV bounced off of the ground behind the Blue Flag bearer and flew over his head...Into the flag area of the Blue base. The second ATV with Philips and Cruz lander right in front of Jenkins just before the Blues fired their weapons at him. A rocket propelled grenade was launched amid the other bullet types, and destroyed the ATV, along with launching Philips and Cruz into the walls. 

The Warthog with Baker and Grudman rolled in front of the flag area "Grab the flags idiot!" shouted Baker "And get in!"

Jenkins grabbed the red flag from where the Blue had dropped it and snatched the blue flag too. He leaped into the Warthog's passenger seat. The jeep started on the drive back to their base.

Suddenly, a small one man fighter plane flew over the jeep. It turned mid flight and fired upon the helpless trio. "God damn it Grudman, fire the guns at it!" Grudman obeyed, and the fighter did a barrel roll to dodge the shots. Baker and Jenkins bailed out of the vehicle just as the plane's heavy weapons fired on it. The jeep kept rolling forward as the green plasma bolt exploded on impact.

Baker and Jenkins were now sprinting for the nearby tunnel that they had spotted. The jet fired on them as they took shelter.

"God damn it Leeroy you idiot! You could have gotten us all killed!"

Jenkins shrugged "At least ah have chicken," he said as he took out a ration packet from his pocket and toyed with it.

Eventually, the duo decided that it would be best to make a run for it, because the Blues would come to force them out of the cave. Leeroy ran first, followed by Baker who would shoot whatever attacked them. A distant sniper fired one round towards the base. Baker's head exploded with a shower of gore and brain-bits. Jenkins just ignored it and kept running.

He had just gotten to the entrance of the flag area as another round blew off his arm. He fell to the ground in pain, and in despiration, threw the flags into the holding area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not over yet folks! I have yet to decide what to do next, so have a nice cliffhanger to spice things up.

Until next time,

Alc4n4tor