Chapter 3: Healing Old Wounds

Harry awoke 23 hours after his magical block had been released. The goblin healers were monitoring him but decided not to wake him at the usual 12 hours and allow his natural healing abilities time to work. He would need the extra sleep as they all anticipated the next week was going to be a struggle with him learning to control his released magic.

Harry was disoriented when he awoke and couldn't figure out where he was. The previous day's events came back to him when he saw one of the goblin healers reading a book nearby. The healer noticed he was awake and hurried out of the room, returning a few moments later with Nani. Shortly after the two entered they were joined by 3 more goblins and soon they were all arguing fiercely in rapid Gobbledygook. Harry wondered if Ragnok had 'forgotten' to mention to Nani and the others that he spoke their language. He had been wondering why they kept speaking English when he was the only non-goblin there.

The goblins that entered after Nani and the other healer were family members of the healers and the other patients. Two of them were the equivalent of goblin professors and the other was a magical focus maker. Goblins don't need or use wands but for certain types of magic they need to focus their magic and use a magical focus of some sort similar to a wand. The three were arguing with the healers about the best ways to help him learn to control his magic. The healers wanted to use meditation and have him learn to feel his magic and then learn to control it that way. The teachers suggested using a warded room and seeing how much control he had now and working with him to learn control while casting spells. The healers were against this method because of the level of magic they had released.

Harry decided that he would have to speak up soon as he knew the only way he could learn was by casting magic since he had very little success with meditation or mind arts. "You could just ask me which method I would prefer," he told them tiredly in Gobbledygook. The 5 spun around with wide eyes to stare at him in shock that he spoke their language. The focus maker was the only one who found it funny and was laughing heartily.

"Ragnok must have known," he chuckled, "and the old schemer didn't tell us!" Harry assumed the two must be friends of a sort if he could joke about the Senior Director that way.

Nani smiled slightly and turned to Harry. "Which method do you prefer?" she asked, now speaking in her native language and glad not to have to speak English much for the next two months.

"I think we should use the teachers' idea as I have no experience in meditation and would most likely end up frustrated with that method and accidentally blow something up." He told her and she agreed, eyes slightly wide as she remembered his power levels and what could happen if he lost complete control.

Harry was led down the hall into a fairly large stone room by the 5 and they sealed the door to prevent accidents as the room was warded to contain magic. "Let's start with something simple," the younger of the teachers said, and introduced himself as Smartleg. "Try to light the candle on the far side of the room. We will try first without your wand as to avoid accidentally burning it out."

Harry said lumos and the candle did light; it just lit so bright and so hot that it burnt down the candle instantly. "Wow!" Harry said in awe as he stared at what his magic had done. He had felt amazed as he felt his magic leave him to light the candle, it felt so powerful and alive and it didn't take any effort to call it forward. Nani conjured an ever last candle for them to use. Harry spent the next 3 hours melting conjured candles until he was able to control the power he put behind the spell enough to only light the candle.

"Well, now you get to try it with your wand!" Grimtoe the focus maker told him, humor evident in his voice. So for another 3 hours Harry learned to control the spell through his wand and realized he would definitely need a new wand as his was sluggish and hard to control.