8

I wait a couple of minutes for Cole to get here. I watch some videos on instagram and I get a text from cole saying he's here. I get up and put on my sweatshirt and walk downstairs. everyone's downstairs watching tv.

"Bye i'll be back later" I say and walk to the door "Where you going" Jake asks "The park" I start opening the door "With who" he asks curiously "Cole, bye love you" "who's co-"

I walk out and get in Coles car. "kidnap me I don't care" I say putting on my seatbelt. "I mean if you want me to I will" he says driving. "Wait never mind don't I kinda like it here" I laugh.

"Okay I for sure won't" He says parking. "That was the shortest car ride have ever been on I could've walked" I say unbuckling. "Well you could've walked if you actually wanted to get kidnapped, it's 9 PM the crackheads are thriving right now" he says and I laugh.

We walk to the swings and sit down. He looks at me "So why did you move here?" I look at the ground. "I mostly moved here for my brother I didn't really wanna leave Kansas, but he said it would be better for me here. He said i would be happier here." He looks away "Well are you happier here?" he asks.

I nod "I guess I don't really know i've been here for one night, but it does feel good living with happy people. Besides the couple that fights all the time." He looks at me "Tell me the tea" he says and I laugh.

"Okay so basically Colby and his girlfriend are always fight and it's always about the same thing, It's the most annoying thing ever." He looks at me curiously. "What do they fight about?" he asks

"They fight about how she's always talking to other guys and how they "accidentally" make out, and how Colby would talk to one girl as a friend and she'll get pissed off about it. It's actually kinda funny because he just needs to break up with her." He laughs "He's fucking stupid what the fuck." I nod.

"So i was looking at your instagram, I know it sounds stalker-ish but I wasn't tryna be creepy I swear. anyways, I was looking at it and I saw posts with a guy named nathan, is he your boyfriend?" Cole asks confused.

I freeze. It feels like I can't breathe. The worlds getting smaller. I feel trapped on the swing seat. It sounds like i'm underwater. Memories start flooding into my mind.

"Look baby I got a new dog" "I love you" "She said she was okay" "She lied to me" "Help me" "I feel so alone" "Bye I love you"

Those we're the last words he said to me. "Bye I love you" Was that true. Did he actually love me. I start to sweat. My vision is blurry. I try to breathe.

"Paris" "Paris you're okay calm down" "Paris breathe" My vision slowly goes back to normal and I can hear fine again. I breathe in and out slowly. I start crying. "Sorry you had to see that" He looks at me.

"No, don't be sorry I obviously brought up something that you don't want to talk about. I'm sorry, do you want me to drive you back home?" I nod and we start walking back to his car. We get in and he drives back to the house and I get out.

He gets out and hugs me. "Sorry about bringing that up, whenever you want to talk about it i'm here for you" He says. "Thank you." I say "anytime." He says and starts walking back to his car.

I walk in the house and Jake screams. "What the fuck it's just me chill out" He looks at me. "Come here." I look at him. "why?" He fixes his hair "Just come her-" I cut him off. "Okay fine" I say walking over there.

I sit down on the floor in front of him since everyone was on the couch. "Have you been crying or are you high" I sigh. "I wish I was high right now" He sits up. "So you have been crying."