Alzheimer's-What They Forget to Tell You- A personal journey

Author shares personal journey about her mother’s Alzheimer's disease ‘Alzheimer’s—What They Forget to Tell You’ is an inspiring true account of author Caron Leid taking care of her mother for 14  years

ONTARIO, Canada – Although more and more people are being affected by Alzheimer’s disease, there is not enough information surrounding the true daily struggle of the disease. But one thing is for sure, this disease does not only rob a person of their memory, it takes their dignity and independence with it.

“Alzheimer’s—What They Forget to Tell You” (published by Xlibris) shares author Caron Leid’s personal journey with a loved one who is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. Her mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, and within 14 months of that diagnosis, her husband of 32 years passed away suddenly from a massive heart attack. Leid went through all the stages of grief. Her mother’s behavior was becoming too difficult to handle and she felt emotionally exhausted. Taking care of her after 13 years, Leid is still battling and trying to pursue some sort of exit strategy so that she does not lose herself completely. Although parts of this story were extremely difficult to write, and even more difficult to ensure that the moments were captured exactly as they were; it really has become her personal journey.

 “Alzheimer’s—What They Forget to Tell You” is a moving story that will inspire people not to take any moment for granted. It is a story of testing someone’s resolve, and realizing that life is truly what one makes of it. The author also has included a lot of resources about the subject of Alzheimer’s disease in this book that readers will find useful whether the disease affects someone they know or for preventative care.

By Caron Leid

Hardcover | 6 x 9in | 136 pages | ISBN 9781493170296

Softcover | 6 x 9in | 136 pages | ISBN 9781493170302

E-Book | 136 pages | ISBN 9781493170289

Available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble

About the Author

Caron Leid was born in Swindon, England. Both of her parents, George & Marlene Leid are Trinidadian.  Their family migrated to Toronto.  She went on to complete two degrees at the University of Windsor and opened a store in the Bramalea City Center.  Despite her struggles, she managed to complete her MBA in project management and owns an R&R Cafe and day-spa in the Mount Pleasant Village in Brampton, Ontario.