Chapter 1: I Am Austraea Starlight

I am Austraea Starlight, the queen of the moons and stars, who is now the most powerful woman in the universe.

Before I became the queen I am today, I was once a college senior with a perfect normal life.

December 8, 2118, the biggest and saddest step in my life, my graduation day!!!

"Austraea! Austraea!" my mother called. "Wake up now young lady or you're gonna be late." she added.
"Ok mom!" I answered lazily.

She is a very busy woman but she handles her personal life well. She is the mayor of Starlight City after all and being the mayor's daughter is pretty tideous.

"Dad wake up!! We're gonna be late and I don't want to spend my last day from college entering late with everybody staring at me!" I shouted.

As we arrived at my university, my boyfriend, Zeus Greystorm, welcomed me with a kiss. "Congrats Ms. Valedictorian" he said. "Stop it" I said shyly. "Goodmorning Mayor Starlight and Mr. Starlight." he greeted. "Goodmorning to you too" my father answered.

"The graduation is starting!" I said nervously. "Relax princess, you will do great in your speech, and well your the most popular and beautiful cheerleader captain I know."

He started calling me princess since we won the prom king and queen, it was annoying at first but it's kind of sweet and I got used to it anyways.

The graduation ended and my parents went home first while I stayed at school to arrange some files.

" Hey princess!" Zeus called. "Hmm?" I muttered. He looked at me with his dark grey eyes and I met his eyes with my dark blue eyes. "I'll miss you" he murmured into my ear. "I know and so will I."

This might be my last goodbye because after our graduation he will go to Satellite City to work and he will never be back here. Tears fell down from my eyes and his eyes were crying. He hugged me as tight as he could and I hugged him back like there's no tommorow.

"Please don't go" I begged. "I wish I could stay, if I could only stay." he said sadly. He let me go. "I'm sorry but I need to catch my flight." he said while tears kept on streaming down his face. I kissed him one last time. A long lasting and lingering passionate goodbye kiss. "Goodbye" I muttered.

I went home and had dinner with my parents. After a while I went to my room. I have this telescope that my parents gave me as their first birthday gift and every night since then I use it to look at the sky. Everytime I use it I feel that there's something missing, I feel an emptiness inside. Every night I see a star,the brightest star, I feel like it's guiding me, like it's calling me.

Then that night, I heard my parents arguing. An argument different from the rest. So I went down and heard them. What I heard struck me like an arrow.

"You think that it's wise to tell her now that she is not our daughter and her real parents who gave her the telescope died long ago!" my mom said. "No! But she has the right to know! She deserves to know." my father protested.

"You're right dad. I deserve to know." I said softly. I ran to my room and locked it. "Austraea! Wait! Let us explain." my mom shouted. I didn't stop. I grabbed the telescope and used it. I stared at the brightest star while tears streamed down my face.

I saw a button that was never there at the first place. I pressed it without knowing the consequences of my action.

And there my journey began...