Chapter 3

The night was long in the Ansley household that night. Mark was more than happy to have his one and only baby girl back with him, but not knowing where his wife of 30 years was worried him beyond extremes. There was no trace of her anywhere, but police were going to be on their way to go through the house and the property for any remains or signs of recent presence by Amy. In the early morning while Adaline was still asleep, Mark even went down to the basement for double checking because he started missing Amy fast and did not want to rest until she was found.

By the time the police arrived, Mark could barely keep his eyes open although Adaline was full of energy and in good spirits.

            “Sir, you may need to find a sitter for your little girl while this is taking place, because you need rest and she needs to get out of the house.” Chief Rhodes held the baby in his arms while Mark lied down on the couch.

            “I understand chief… But…” And Mark was out. Fast asleep without a trace of his finished sentence.

The police chief called up Mark’s mother using the phone book and asked her if she could come down and watch Adaline since Mark was finally getting some sleep. To their relief, she said yes and was down to the house in just a few moments.

            “This is a horrible thing… Unbelievable too. Who would ever come into a house with a newborn and elderly aged mother and try to harm them?” Mark’s mother, Juanita, looked up in a rage of fury holding the peacefully sleeping Adaline.

            “Miss Juanita, do you know anyone who would want to harm your daughter-in-law, or her daughter for that matter?” Officer Cameron sat on the edge of the table.

            “Oh, for Heaven’s sake! Nobody ever acted with hatred among that woman, or my son for that matter.” She shifted sideways in her seat and stomped upstairs to the nursery.

The officers carried out countless hours of searching on the Ansley property, but only ended up with very little evidence, if that’s even what you wanted to call it. They left with what was known to be the last thing Amy had on before the disappearance, bloody gloves found on the farthest eastern side of the property, and some discovered broken glass in the corner of the basement, just for safe measures. Chief Rhodes immediately had it sent off to be examined in a lab about an hour away, whereas results could be returned in just a few days. He conducted most of the evidence work with higher-leveled authorities, or Federal Bureau of Investigation, who was called in three days after Amy’s disappearance.

October 27, 1991

Reporter: Capt. John Simmons

It has officially been one week since Amy Regina Ansley has gone missing. The whole country has been on a nonstop search for her body or remains, although beliefs of her being still alive are slim to none. The blood on the discovered evidence did return back positive for her, but negative for her husband, Markus Williams Ansley, his mother, Juanita Clare Ansley, or Amy’s mother/father who have not had any contact with the family in over seven weeks. The infant is still doing fine with no actions of remembrance to the disappearance she also took place in but what found later still in the house.