-How to get out of bed-

Will's pov

I yanked the oversized hoodie over my head, the one that I had been lying In for a week now, and tossed it into my overflowing basket of laundry. It consisted of pyjamas- tshirts, boxers, sweats, and hoodies. Most of which were Nico's.

Jenny was going to be home from work any second, and if it looked like I had done nothing, I was pretty much a dead man.
I strategically placed my pile-up of dirty dishes and cups on top of my dirty clothes, and slowly and carefully stepped down the hall.
I got down the stairs with no problem, stuffed all of my dishes in the dishwasher and threw my laundry in the washing machine.

While I clicked the washing machine buttons, I pulled at my hair. It didn't even feel like my own anymore, it was so thin, wiry and greasy.

Spinning on my socks, I jumped up the stairs back to Nico's room. I flung back the blackout curtains and cranked the window open to let the fresh, late summer air into the stale room, and then pulled the sheets up on the bed.
In five minutes I had done more than I had in the past week.

I sighed, dropping my head back to stare at the ceiling.
Jenny was making me go out and "taste summer before it's gone" (who the fuck says that?) and there was no backing out.
Honestly I could have malaria or something and she would still make me go.

I opened the closet and grabbed a pair of my own shorts on the shelf and one of Nico's sweaters before taking the clothes to the bathroom.
I heard the front door click open as I turned on the shower.

The shower was steaming hot, and it helped wake me up a bit, kick-starting my brain.

I only had 5 days left until school started, and Jenny was making me go back home tomorrow. To my apartment. With Cecil.
I hadn't left Jenny's house in weeks. Months.

I wouldn't be surprised if she started making me see her in her office at this point. But no, instead she was forcing me into two mandatory dinners a week to make sure I was eating full meals and see how I was doing.
It sounded like babysitting to me, but I couldn't argue or I'd get the "I'm practically your aunt" look.
She was right, I guess, since I grew up around her, but she was acting like my mother. I wouldn't be surprised if my own mother put her up to this, as Jenny was pretty much the only one who had any contact with me, since I was staying in her house.

I sighed and dropped my shoulders, rinsing my hair out,m before shutting off the shower and dressing into clean clothes.
The fog in the mirror dispersed before I left, and I was able to make out the blurry picture of my face. Chapped lips, purple bags, and sad eyes were the only parts I saw.

I shook my head, sending water in every direction as I opened the door, just as Jenny walked by.

"Will! Look at that, now my shirt is all wet," She narrowed her eyes, smiling playfully, "you're like a dog. Ugh, teenage boys."

"You were gonna change anyways," I replied, throat scratchy, pouting, "and I'm an adult."

She grinned at me,

"Sure you are, buddy. Anyways, go wait downstairs. I've packed a picnic and we're picking up Carmen to go to the beach..." she smiled, eyes glinting,
"Again."

"What is with you and bringing me to the beach, huh? What, the salt water is gonna erase my bags? Exfoliate my complexion?" I joked half heartedly. She nodded,

"Exactly, now grab your bathing suit and wait downstairs like a good boy," she grinned and disappeared into her room. I nearly wanted to disobey, to show her I wasn't a fucking dog.

I groaned, grabbing a random bathing suit from Nico's room.
I ended up waiting on the kitchen counter for twenty minutes before she reappeared, moving like the flash with towels, keys, her purse, and the picnic.

And then all of a sudden I was in the backseat of her car.
I was in some sort of dissociative blur, staring out the window as Jenny and Carmen playfully argued in the front seats. My head was against the warm window, sunlight filtering through the buildings of New York and through my closed eyelids.

When I opened my eyes again, we were leaving the city, and taking the route I knew well to Plumb Beach.
I smiled softly, recalling childhood memories of my mother, Jenny, and I at this beach, with the rest of their high school gang. Campfires and fireworks and parties when I was young enough to not worry about a thing.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Carmen turn her head to look at me and then nudge Jenny, whispering something.
My window started to roll down on its own, or rather, from Jenny's front seat power.

I smiled again, putting my arm out the window and letting it move with the wind. The summer air blew into our car, and as Jenny and Carmen both put down their windows as well, the air circulated smoothly.

Jenny turned up the music, playing 90's rock the whole ride, settling on 'the smashing pumpkins' and the song '1979'. Good taste.
Way to bring back childhood flashbacks Jenny.

My silver ring that I stole from my mother in 4th grade (that I used to keep on a necklace was now on my pinkie finger) tapped on the roof of Jenny's car. I nodded my head and foot and hand to the beat of the song.

In no time at all we arrived, and immediately, before heading to the beach, we stopped at the milkshake shack as always, grabbing our respective flavours. Carmen had strawberry, I had chocolate and Jenny had caramel. All three of us had whip cream and a cherry on top, because we had taste, obviously.

The sun and the breeze and the taste of the milkshake was sending my senses into overdrive, but in the best way possible.

I felt like a kid again.

We pulled into a parking spot, and I stepped out of the car into the warm air. I put my sunglasses on, and had my swim shorts in one hand and my milkshake in the other.
I felt like I was stepping out of an old movie. As someone who was obsessed with movies in every way possible, that felt pretty good.

Jenny ruffled my now-dry hair, curly from the wind, and opened the trunk to grab our stuff.

Carmen and I helped her unload and bring the food and towels to the beach. Jenny kept the 80s and 90s music playing, with 'Friday I'm in love' by 'the cure' blasting from her speaker.
Carmen and Jenny laid out their respective towels and sat down, with sunglasses and books, looking classy as always.
I didn't want to sit.
If I sat and stared at the ocean and the clouds and the sand, I would think.

I stood up and walked to the nearest bathroom, changed into my bathing suit, and jogged back to the towels barefoot with my flip flops in my hands. I took off my shirt and sunglasses and put them on my towel before running to the water.
I let my toes sink into the damp sand in front of the water before walking forwards, into the shallow surf, and then deeper, and deeper, until I could dive into the cool water. The water pushed over my head, and washed away every thought in my head.

A/n
Hehe I like short chapters they're fun cause you get to see how much information you can jam into a short amount of words.
Anyways I have the FLU HELP ME.

ALSO I HAVE so many frickin concerts coming up and I can't even remember what I bought at this point (let me remind you I am a broke mf 15 year old with no job that is very in debt and is just barely scraping by on sparse babysitting jobs that happen about 2 times a month)
-I got VIP and barricade for Waterparks
-crowd surfed and moshed at State Champs

-Seeing Ariana Grande in two days for my sisters bday
-seeing SWMRS and the regrettes a week and a half after that
-(maybe) seeing IDKHOW in early May
-seeing Twenty One Pilots in late May
-the 1975 at the beginning f of June
-Billie Eilish right after that at the same venue sksks
-Marina right after school starts in grade 11

IM BROKE.

Okee by love you send me money pleathe

Thea