Alive

Ch.56

Namjoon came closer to the examination tables. He remained quiet with his expressions lacking in variety. Still, everyone in the room could see the small twitch of his brows or lips. He wanted to let himself be vulnerable. He trusted everyone in here, but he couldn't. There was something that kept him from having what he used to. Namjoon looked at Yoongi who was close to falling asleep. The male just wanted to rest and you felt the same. Now that you didn't have to worry for anyone's life including your own, you wanted to take a long nap.

Did you look that bad? You noticed how the leader avoided looking at you the most. He faced Yoongi who was in worse shape than you and looked over to the eldest and youngest. He looked at all of them but you. At this point, you were too tired to joke around. You would have teased him by asking if you looked ugly to him. Closing your eyes, you took in a deep breath. You had a small headache from how many times Yoongi pulled on your hair. Then you had some light bruising from your torso and some light swelling on your face. Mainly your lips. The bottom lip was cut with some blood getting into your saliva. And how to start with how Yoongi looked?

A hand was placed on your forehead. Opening your eyes, you saw Jungkook smiling down at you. Namjoon walked up to Hoseok with no words leaving his mouth. Every time he tried to speak, he got choked up. His head hung low and he wrapped his arms around his head. Frowning at that, you felt some energy inside of you to push yourself into a sitting position. Hoseok decided to take Namjoon out of the room though. You stayed still in your spot as Hoseok took Namjoon out of the room to calm down him down. The door closed and everyone was silent. No one spoke the entire time the two were out there. It wasn't until a few minutes passed that they came back.

No one spoke even then. They stepped inside the room quietly, their slow footsteps barely even making a sound. Namjoon came back more composed. His face was no longer itching to show emotion. He had returned with his old hard exterior that looked impossible to break through. Hoseok stayed behind Namjoon with a gentle aura. The leader sighed as he stood between Yoongi and you. His eyes were doing a better job at hiding emotions. But it was still possible to read them. Everyone in the room could sense it from him. Namjoon was devastated.

"What happened?" He repeated. He couldn't say anything else without letting emotion get the best of him. Namjoon held back for what he thought was best for the team.

"Reaper controlled (F/n) and Yoongi," Hoseok stated with a soft voice. "He did the same to Jungkook. Seokjin got hurt from Yoongi. Jimin, Taehyung, and I are fine."

"And the Reaper?" Namjoon kept his voice low and slow. He didn't want it to show any nuances. Something to imply that he wasn't letting himself become vulnerable any time soon.

"Jimin and I stabbed him. Jungkook also roughened him up a bit," Taehyung answered.

"Jimin and you did what?" Namjoon's head snapped in their direction. Immediately, Taehyung sucked in his lips and looked over at his friend.

"Don't look at me!" Jimin covered his face. "It was an 'in the moment' kind of thing!"

"The young ones were the only teammates who could fight Reaper." Seokjin shrugged. "Reaper threatened Hoseok so they did their best."

"But stabbed him? Where?" Namjoon focused on the three musketeers.

"Nowhere important." Jungkook shrugged. "I think."

"I got him on his back...but he seemed fine." Taehyung frowned. "He's not dead if that's what you're wondering."

"We're not murderers! I'm sorry!" Jimin bowed. He was the main one freaking out. Taehyung was doing a little better at staying calm, but his face was paler than usual. Namjoon gave them a subtle nod to let them know they were okay. They're not going to get in any trouble. They only trying to protect everyone. Namjoon continued to look around, waiting to hear more about what happened with Reaper. Personally, you wanted to talk about something else.