Chapter One

I was born November 15, 1544 at the royal court of Scotland. My mother Madeline  O'Hera, a simple noble woman. My father, James V,  King of Scotland. I am the youngest of my father's illegitimate children, second youngest to my half-sister Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots. He died in  the war six days after Mary was born and My mother died five years later of lung cancer, she suffered for a long time , it was a slow, painful death.

I stayed with two middle aged ladies in the countryside for a short time before Marie de Guise decided I would accompany Mary to the royal court of France, where she was engaged to the dauphin, they were to be married as soon as they were of age. I loved that castle, it was bright and filled with life, yet it can be darkest place in the world at times. My life was good and happy, I had everything I would ever need in this world, my friends, my sister, people who loved me as if I was their own child. I had my whole life figured out...or so I thought.

Catherine: Missing?

Guard: We were told she never made it to the Duke and Dutchessess's estate.

Henry: That's not possible, we had eight of the best armed guards surrounding her

Guard: We found six of them, dead, their throats cut open. The other two are still missing.

Henry: I want every guard in and around this castle searching, gather as many volunteers as you can, use blood hounds if you have to. I want every area within 12 miles, searched.

"They searched for weeks, months even...nothing. It was like I had vanished into thin air." "Leaving an entire nation to wonder what had happened to me." "Was I kidnapped?" "Did I run away?" "Was healthy?" "Was I alive?" "Was I dead?" "Only one person knows the truth."