Chapter 54

Celine's

Tomorrow is the wedding day, but today will be the sacrificing day. Talking some things over to Jema is not that hard. Mas lalo lang akong nabigyan ng dahilan para gawin to. Kasi siya yung tipo ng tao na pag sinaktan mo, mas masasaktan ka.

I also talked to her friend, Tots. They pretended that they're in a relationship and Bea told that to Deanna para daw maisipang maipaglaban si Jema. And I guess that they did the right thing because it's working.

"Ced, san punta mo?" Deanna asked. Im going to Dad kasi to talk things over, you know.

"Kay daddy lang, we'll just talk for tomorrow." I casually said to her while Im fixing my hair. She nodded and went back to her niece. Ang cute nila tignan.

I bid my goodbye to them also to Tito, sending his regards to dad.

Alright Celine, this is the first step. Talk and Explain what true love is. They'll realize it when they are in the position and make them be.

I went straight to the parking lot. I hopped in my car and drove to dad's hotel. Iba kasi yung hotel na gusto niya, maarte. It'll only take 40 minutes lang naman bago makarating dun.

Habang nag-ddrive ako, nagvibrate yung phone ko. Sakto namang red yung stoplight kaya chineck ko yun.

From: Tots Carlos

Hi Celine! Pinapatanong ni Jema kung pwede ka daw mamaya? Punta ka daw dito sa bahay nila, 4pm.

Napakunot naman yung noo ko. Anong meron?

To: Tots Carlos

Yeah, sure! I'll be there. Thank you! 😊

I hit the send button and continued driving. I already arrived at the hotel. I proceeded to dad's hotel room, it's not that really late I guess he's still having his lunch.

I opened the door and I saw him drinking his coffee while reading the newspaper.

"Hi, daddy!" I greeted. He looked shocked but recovered quickly.

"Oh, hello there my princess. Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to prepare for your wedding tomorrow?" He asked. I took a deep breath before starting what Im going to say.

"Dad, about the wedding.." Im nervous.

"What about it princess?" He quickly took a glance at me before returning his attention back at the newspaper.

"I want to cancel the wedding. I don't want to marry Deanna." He suddenly put down his newspaper in the table and stood up. I looked at him if where is he going to and Im in shocked when he suddenly hugged me.

"D-dad.." I said in a low voice. He just tapped my back and untangled his self from hugging me.

"Sabi ko na nga ba, hindi babae ang nais mo eh." He chuckled.

"Dad!"

"Joke lang. Pero, why? All of a sudden, you came here just to say that you don't to marry her. I thought you love her already?" We sat at the sofa. I looked directly in his eyes for him to feel my sincerity about this situation.

"Dad, I just realized something. That Deanna and I aren't meant to be, her heart is connected to Jema's and I cannot do anything about it. I don't want to force her to love me like the way how she's inlove with Jema. Ayokong matutunan niya akong mahalin dahil kailangan niya, gusto ko mamahalin ako ng isang tao dahil mahal niya talaga ako." I paused. He nod his head as a sign for me to continue.