2 - Jacob

Date Me

Lead: Jacob Bae, [Y/N]
Author: sweet_candylala
Release: 04 / 10 / 19

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

"Look [Y/N], as your friend I just want to be completely honest with you. You're not Younghoon's type." she deadpanned straight to my face. "Besides, that guy has a girlfriend. Get over him girl. You've had this major crush on him since 4th grade, that's not very healthy."

"Try shutting my feelings down, like how I try shutting you up, maybe that'll help. Does it work? No." I said sarcastically "I can't just unlike a person. And another thing, there isn't much boys here that is as attractive as my baby Younghoon and I like having someone to fantasize to."

I swing my locker door open and saw the usual strawberry drink placed on it's daily spot. I shove my current book inside before taking a new set. I take my drink and stabbed a straw in it to taste the goodness. It was still cold, which is good.

"Jacob is seriously spoiling you. You're a brat." she comments giving me that judging face as I sip on my delicious drink.

We both walk ahead in the hallways in silence. "Ha!" or so I hoped. She yells pointing her index upward as if realization struck her, she widens her eyes at me "Jacob! Of course. It's so obvious! Why not like him instead? He is your best friend after all."

"Jacob?" I furrowed my eyebrows and shake my head abruptly "No. I don't think so."

"Tsk, your taste for men is way off. Your little crush for Younghoon? That's dead. You and Jacob, on the other hand, is a cute match." she says explaining with her fingers pairing two as an illustration of her words.

I didn't let another peep out. I'd rather not argue about this kind of thing. I mean, it's not that I don't want to like Jacob, I just have no reason to. I mean he is cute, he's protective, he's innocent looking, he takes care of me, he's caring, he's extra clingy in a good way, he's playful, he's attentive about the little things, he's thoughtful, and talented but aside from everything else he is a good friend to me.

Don't get me wrong, I did like him once, during 3rd grade, but that didn't go well. He shook his head to me and said not until he's in highschool, but he basically liked this other girl in class. Little punk, now that I remember it, how dare he reject me and have the guts to like someone else.

We entered the cafeteria and as usual, it was chaotic with all these people crammed in one place where they can talk and catch up on their little gossips. It's deafening to bear.

"[Y/N]!" Jacob called out and raised his hand up in the middle of the crowded cafeteria.

"oh look, there's your boyfriend." My friend nudged me by my side. Bitch.

"Guy friend." I corrected. "Don't say boy friend, you might cause a misunderstanding," I complain.

She looks at me pressing her lips to a thin line. "That misunderstanding will be the key to your love life my friend." She winks before waving. "Laters sweetie. I'll go see my baby Juyeon playing basketball. Yiieee!" she squeled in excitement.

"You're leaving me for your boyfriend again. I'm upset." I stomp a foot with a big frown.

She coos and holds my hand "My beloved friend. If you get a boyfriend you'd understand. Why can't you just like your best friend like what happens in most books and movies? Aish, you have no sense of romance. I don't even know why I'm friends with you." She grits her teeth looking very annoyed of me. Eo? Why is she the one mad? This girl. I don't know why I'M friends with you. "I'll get going now. Bye." she whispers something before she ran away from me and when I had the chance to grab her I already lost the will to.